The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

'Provided You Don't Kiss Me'. Duncan Hamilton, a sports writer, writes on his 20 year association with Brian Clough. I'm half way through it and it provides great insight into the working of the Notts Forest manager's mind. Very entertaining. This paperback won the William Sports Book of the Year Award, 2007 and its worth every penny of the £6 it cost me through Abe Books.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm still reading Star of the Sea by Joseph O'Connor. I'm really enjoying it but I'm just finding myself with a lot less reading time than usual at the moment, which is a shame because I feel I'm not doing the book justice

Just finished this book and thought it was great. I finally got a bit of peace and quiet for a couple of hours and was able to finish it.

I'm now going to read Hrafnkel's Saga and Other Stories which was a Christmas present. It was written by 13th century Icelandic monks.

I'm re-reading 'A Prayer for Owen Meaney',by John Irving, one of my favourite books of all time. It was recently the afternoon play on Radio 4, from monday to friday. I was a worried about how it would be done but it was really good, particularly the actor playing Owen, he really got the voice right and the last episode made me cry! It's one of those books where at a certain point something is revealed, it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up and you think, 'Bloody hell, I should have seen that coming!' It is the same a particular point in 'Alias Grace' by Margaret Atwwod and 'Fingersmith' by Sarah Waters.