The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

'We need to talk about Kevin' by Lionel Shriver.

Written from the point of view of the mother of a child who killed some of his fellow high school students. It's a series of letters to her estranged husband talking about Kevin's upbringing and her life post-child's murder spree. I'm not very far into it but it's very good so far.

It was a birthday present last August that I have been putting off reading as I didn't fancy it, but I'm not sure why I did now!!

I'm now reading Mystery of the Crystal Skulls by Chris Morton and Ceri Louise Thomas. The factual story of two reporters' investigation in to the origins of the crystal skulls and the mayan prophecy. This is something I have long wanted to read more about and, let's face it, the Indiana Jones film about it last year was never going to shed any real light on the subject.

I'm now reading Mystery of the Crystal Skulls by Chris Morton and Ceri Louise Thomas. The factual story of two reporters' investigation in to the origins of the crystal skulls and the mayan prophecy. This is something I have long wanted to read more about and, let's face it, the Indiana Jones film about it last year was never going to shed any real light on the subject.

Just finished and it is possibly the most enlightening book I have ever read. What started as a seemingly simple archaeological investigation turned into a quest for truth and higher knowledge, and by the end I found myself questioning everything I thought I knew about life, the universe and everything. Pretty deep stuff and some people will have difficulty accepting some of the notions put forward by the people interviewed, but a real eye-opener.

I've just finished 'A Simple Act of Violence' by R.J. Ellory. Nearly everyone on Amazon has given it 5/5 but that is a little too much for me. I've enjoyed it but i wouldn't rush back to it again anytime soon.

Going to wobble around some short-stories before i pick up something else.

'We need to talk about Kevin' by Lionel Shriver.

We read this in our book group, and it was one people either loved or hated. I loved it!

Am currently reading the 'Flashman' series - racist, sexist and hilarious. I know these are tongue firmly in cheek novels, but how come the PC brigade havn't kicked up about this? Ooops, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it . . . !:wink: