The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

im just in the middle of "Gods fury,Englands fire" by Michael Braddick,a really fantastic book covering the English civil war period,ive dozens of books in regard to this turbulent time in british history,and this is now in my top two or three.

• 1 month later...

Started The Suspicions of Mr Whicher by Kate Summerscale, a classic murder mystery based on a true story from 1860 when detection was in it's infancy and asking questions and prying into the private lives of the worthy was seen as a "bad show".

Great read so far, thoroughly entertaining

Started The Suspicions of Mr Whicher by Kate Summerscale, a classic murder mystery based on a true story from 1860 when detection was in it's infancy and asking questions and prying into the private lives of the worthy was seen as a "bad show".

Yes, I enjoyed this one - I won't spoil the end:)

Just read "This Charming Man by Marian Keyes and also "The Kite runner" by Khaled Hosseini both good reads, just starting "A Thousand splendid Suns" by

Khaled Hosseini .Also read "The white tiger" which won the booker prize and also Philip Hensher's "Northern Clemency" which was a good read too.

Edited by maxddb

Just read "This Charming Man by Marian Keyes and also "The Kite runner" by Khaled Hosseini both good reads, just starting "A Thousand splendid Suns" by

Khaled Hosseini .Also read "The white tiger" which won the booker prize and also Philip Hensher's "Northern Clemency" which was a good read too.

Both really excellent books.

"When the wind blows" by James Patterson. I can't believe that bloke is a best seller - absolute rubbish.

Tell me about it. Its almost as bad as ChickLit.

I'm reading "The Cider House Rules" by John Irving (again)

and

"Closing Time" by Jospeh Heller (sequel to Catch 22)

I enjoy Anne Perry's books (fiction) about Victorian policemen Thomas Pitt and William Monk.

I have just started Execution Dock.