The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

I've not got my hands on this yet.

Until I do, I'm reading a book I borrowed from my grandparent's house called Funnily Enough, printed in '41 and written by H. L. Gee. It's a short book of humourous tales and according to the cover is "an infallible antidote to depression!" :hihi:

Finished with this - funny, but not funny enough to help anyone with depression!

I'm now reading some stories by Charlotte Perkins Gilman which came in the same book as her short story The Yellow Wallpaper (highly recommended and only takes about 15/20 minutes to read).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I,ve just finished 'wheerz mi dad ' by the brilliant Fred Pass .

Had me laughing out loud one minute and nearly crying the next :).

Gonna buy the follow up ' wheerz mi mam ' tomorrow .

I read this the other day, took me about 5hrs as i couldnt put it down :D, what a brilliant read, as you said, very laugh out loud funny and also sad. Gonna get the new 1 myself.

last night I started on the graphic novel 'Maus'.

I got this for xmas. Really looking forward to it.

Still trying to get through 'Les Misérables', by Victor Hugo. I love the book but it's big, and i read for hours and hours and only make a tiny dent into it. About 2/3's of the way through so i may be done in a month. :)

Anna Karenina - Tolstoy. Anyone read it? Bought for me for Xmas as it's one I always promised myself I would read, being one of the classics. Am I missing something here? Halfway though and am finding the story so far more akin to a Mills & Boon. Who is knocking off who in Russian Society, and then everybody's some sort of royal who seems to spend their life going to balls or taking the waters, etc. Upside is beautiful prose of course which I do like. Just hope it gets better as it goes on!