The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

I like the Harry Bosch books as well.

The newest out in paperback "The Brass Verdict" was a gripping read, and the bonus is that there were TWO (most excellent) twists in the tale when the story panned out.

Have you read that one yet, taxman? If not, I recommend getting your hands on a copy.

Im currently about to start reading Mike Gayle's 'The to do list'.

However...I have just finished reading '31 Dream Street' by Lisa Jewell. This is one of the best books I have ever read! Buy it or borrow it and you will love it!

Sh2006.

whats it about?

The Missing Person's Guide to Love by Susanne Jones - tedious and uninspiring.

The story of Lucy Gault by William Trevor - very well written but didn't really grab me.

The Elephanta Suite by Paul Theroux - excellent, brilliantly written and thought provoking novel.

Just thought it might be nice to have a thread dedicated to what we are reading or we would recommend for our fellow forummers this year.

I am just about to start World Without End by Ken Follett.

Its over a thousand pages so it might be a while before I finish!

have you or has anyone else read the ragged trousered philanthropist. wondered if it was any good and where i could get it from.

have you or has anyone else read the ragged trousered philanthropist. wondered if it was any good and where i could get it from.

Yes, I read it last year. Very good, if heavy in parts.

My review of it at the time was

"Blimey, not easy bedtime reading but as a story of the working class condition its great. Some of the language and humour seem modern day and I had to pinch myself to remind me of when it was written.

Many of the ideas are as true today as they were then. It seems such a progressive book for its time. It's still not easy reading though, but then no-one would expect it to be."

Available in all good bookshops including Waterstones

I've just read The Lovely Bones, I struggled through the first chapter, but then was totally engrossed and loved it to bits.

Previous to that I read Deaf Sentance by David Lodge, about a man in his 60's who is going deaf, although it sounds serious (no pun intended!) it was very light hearted but also opened my mind somewhat.