The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

It's Only a Movie - Mark Kermode.

Which was very funny, though relatively impersonal. Not a great deal that will be new to anyone familiar with five years' worth of Friday afternoon wittertainment. Worth investing in the unabridged audiobook read by the man himself for the full ranty, sweary, musical effect.

Moved on to Mark Oliver Everett's autobiography Things The Grandchildren Should Know, unabridged and read by part-time Eels member Jeff "The Chet" Lyster.

I just bought Elizabeth Taylor's (unofficial?) biog, "How To Be A Movie Star - Elizabeth Taylor in Hollywood" off Waterstones dot com. Hard back... half price with free delivery. Can't go wrong.

fascinating reading! :D

If I see that anywhere I'll snap it up;)

Since 2 March I have been reading "Random Deaths and Custard" - the latest from my book group.

It's a relatively short book, and my usual approach is to have a very quick initial read through, then leave it a week or two, and read it again more slowly.

I'm on page 109 of 192 pages!!! It's driving me nuts, because I'm determined to finish the damn thing.

Has anybody else read it? If so, can they tell if it suddenly improves and becomes a worthwhile read??? :help:

The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini.

A gorgeous book, the story is told beautifully. You must read it!

I loved the first half of The Kite Runner, I found it incredibly well written and the story really drew me in. The second half was a bit disappointing, I found it too far fetched and it lacked the the true to life feel of the first half.

I've just finished The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters. Not the greatest story ever told but beautifully written and laden with atmosphere and character. Ostensibly a ghost story, or possibly one of madness and obsession.