Why I won't be going out in Sheffield much this year

discodown

My assertion not to go out in sheffield?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. My assertion not to go out in sheffield?

• Am I right?
    • Am I wrong?
    • Am I a moaning sod?
    • Am I pretentious and need a slap?

The sad irony is our gratious city of Sheffield/ 4th - 5th largest city in the UK, clearly is lacking in entertainment. Come on people, just because your music criteria may be catered for, it is still poor. Considered the amount of money is given in funding the arts sector, music etc.

If anyone can find me a club that is over 25's for clubbers then I may rest my laurels but this is a small demand example to ask for the city of Sheffield.

If you can find me a house club that plays pure real house music NOT Electro crap.

If you can find me a club or bar playing real R&B NOT pop R&B crap.

If you can find me a club or bar playing real Hip Hop NOT HIP POP.

If you can find me a club or bar playing authentic disco, not the same old Bee Gees, Gloria Gayner pop stuff.

If you can find me a club or bar playing up to date good reggae music, not poppy bashment.

If you can find me a drum n bass night that is weekly on the weekend your hard pushed.

For all the club owners in Sheffield reading this, 2008 IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE. BRING BACK REAL MUSIC AND REAL CLUBBERS.

To be honest this sort of thread drains me now. We've been over this god knows how many times. I've just come to the conclusion that unless I pack up and move to Detroit/Chicago or Berlin I'm pretty much screwed.

Detroit is bobbins, nothing but Rap and R&B when I went. I was sorely disappointed!

If you can find me a house club that plays pure real house music NOT Electro crap.

If you can find me a club or bar playing real R&B NOT pop R&B crap.

If you can find me a club or bar playing real Hip Hop NOT HIP POP.

If you can find me a club or bar playing authentic disco, not the same old Bee Gees, Gloria Gayner pop stuff.

If you can find me a club or bar playing up to date good reggae music, not poppy bashment.

If you can find me a drum n bass night that is weekly on the weekend your hard pushed.

For all the club owners in Sheffield reading this, 2008 IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE. BRING BACK REAL MUSIC AND REAL CLUBBERS.

Act Like Ya Know and Phuture Boogie do play pure house but unfortunately they are monthly

No R&B especially at the weekend that i know of

No real Hip Hop or maybe tuesday club do?

Nowhere plays authentic real disco much to my dismay

I think that Sadacca and possibly Cactus club play reggae

No weekly dnb night to my knowledge

We already have Tuesday Club and Bass Bar on a weekly basis. Granted, not at the weekend. However, Detonate, Feedback and Flux are monthly and all at the weekend, so 12 DnB nights per month isn't bad going. Plus there's the stuff that Junglist Alliance get up to.

What more do you want?

Why don't you try and start up one of those nights? I'm not entirely sure what a 'real' clubber is, but I reckon if you're playing 'real' music they might come along.

Exactly - its not rocket science if there is such a big untapped market out there - book a venue, hire some DJs, print some flyers, book some ads - and then (if you are right) watch the crowds & cash come rolling in...

Or alternatively... do nothing & continue moaning on internet forums...

Nowhere plays authentic real disco much to my dismay

Hello Disco!

Well, well, well. You are in for a treat @ Penelopes this year. The first date is in March. We plan to launch the publicity and announce the name during the last week in Jan, so keep your eyes peeled! or become a facebook friend (Search Penelopes Sheffield) to get the most up to date info, guest list invites etc.

Penelope x

Penelope x

If anyone can find me a club that is over 25's for clubbers then I may rest my laurels but this is a small demand example to ask for the city of Sheffield.

Hello,

Most of our customers are over 25.

Having read this whole thread I am delighted to see the names of (and positive comments about) so many events which have either run or are planned at Penelopes. Lights Down Low, Cargo and Rough Disko all feature in our 2008 schedule. And, in addition to them, during 2007 we've also played host to Kabal, Feedback, Future Funk, Noggins, Goodfolk, Modern Romance, Ridimtion. We hosted private parties for the Planet Zogg gang and the Happy Mondays among others, and some of these events are planned to return in 08 too. The Kik Cat Klub, which is Goth, Alt is continuing it's successful run with us and at the end of Jan we will be announcing the launch of a new venture which is firmly in the realm of Authentic Disco.

Good stuff is out there, good events are happening and 2008 might just prove to be very exciting indeed! :D

Penelope x

Archived