Name & Shame pubs charging exhorbitant entrance fees on New Years Eve

sierraman

A lot of pubs & clubs shot themselves in the foot on new year's eve 1999 trying to charge silly money entrance fees. For the sake of trying make quick buck on one night many places lost a lot of goodwill and regular custom which in many cases was slow to return. Looks like one or two have done the same again, remember, there are 52 weeks in a year, not one night.

Fuel £10 if a wristband is purchased from Affinity, £12.50 at the door, but they are only open until 3am. There is a afterparty at Affinity until 6am, price to follow.

Even if I had not been booked for parties outside Sheffield at Christmas, I would have thought twice about going to Fuel's NYE party, especially as all the other Gay venues were charging only around 5 to 8 quid...

However, as it said on the flyers, they were planning a spectacular party, and I suppose they had to hike the price to cover various additional costs (Hint!)

Archived