Poor turn out New Years Eve in The Nelson Pub.

Powerage

I think I know who that might be!

Anyway, the band was Daughtry , I believe. Perhaps I'm showing my ignorance, but Glen (who I shared the DJing with on NYE) hadn't heard of them either.

Not on NYE, but any other Saturday, fine!

NEVER HEARD OF DAUGHTRY :(

1.you play classic songs every week and was hoping for some new stuff as well

2.well you have never heard of daughtry so here is the link

http://www.myspace.com/daughtry

here give them an ear, the song I wanted was one of the heaviest tracks on the cd I asked for track 7 [what i want] featuring slash from G&R

3.yes I did thank you 4 playing metal church this was a song I wanted played 15 years ago by lez and that is why i give you the money 4 the cd not your fault and that was good of you to take the time to do that for me :)

4.The night I spoke to you [sat] lez has been playing a lot of different stuff over the last few weeks and played a cd I gave him :o by a band called airbourne [AC/DC rip off] as a DJ u may have the code from roadrunner records to download it ;)

Airbourne will be at the corp sat 16 of feb as on their myspace

5. Last of all you said I hide behind my computer if I did you would not know who I am so here is my myspace as well :|

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=150240401

6. Sorry Tim I tell it as I see it like it or not

I went to firefest last year and the rig after the gig

six songs into the night they played daughtry i did not ask for it :) they just played it, as it says outside your pub

if you want to hear it ask for it all I ask is you do that

of course I would never come up to the DJ with 20 prom Cd's and ask you to play them all as some people may do then call you all the names under the sun if you don't play the lot :rant:

Anyway, the band was Daughtry , I believe. Perhaps I'm showing my ignorance, but Glen (who I shared the DJing with on NYE) hadn't heard of them either.

NEVER HEARD OF DAUGHTRY :(

Daughtry is an American Music Award-winningGrammy-nominated rock band from North Carolina, formed by former American Idol contestant Chris Daughtry in 2006. Their self-titled debut album was released on November 21, 2006. The disc reached #1 for two non-consecutive weeks on the Billboard music chart, and sold more than 3 million copies. Their album is also the fastest-selling debut rock album in Soundscan history. The first single from the album, "It's Not Over", was the eighth most played song across all formats on U.S. radio in 2007, and their second single from the album, "Home", was the tenth most played song in the U.S. of 2007...(courtesy WIKEPEDIA)

I have played 'It's not over' the single a few times when it was in the US rock charts last Summer as I play a lot of US rock chart material early evening at weekends, and on Mondays, but I am not familiar with the album or any other songs......cant remember what they sound like now either as not played it since last Summer.....

They are still very unknown over here, it used to be the case that the US rock chart was light years in front of the UK rock chart..so see what happens in 2008.........

1.you play classic songs every week and was hoping for some new stuff as well

I do try to play as much new stuff as I can fit in, but from about 8pm my entire set list is normally requests. AND, it's often about 6 hours worth of requests that I have to try and fit into 3 hours.

My point was - not on NYE, any other saturday fine.

2.well you have never heard of daughtry so here is the link

http://www.myspace.com/daughtry

here give them an ear, the song I wanted was one of the heaviest tracks on the cd I asked for track 7 [what i want] featuring slash from G&R

Ah, confusion. Pretty certain you asked me for track 6.

6. Sorry Tim I tell it as I see it like it or not

I went to firefest last year and the rig after the gig

six songs into the night they played daughtry i did not ask for it :) they just played it, as it says outside your pub

if you want to hear it ask for it all I ask is you do that

of course I would never come up to the DJ with 20 prom Cd's and ask you to play them all as some people may do then call you all the names under the sun if you don't play the lot :rant:

Well that was lucky for you, but not being a mind reader I can't anticipate what everyone in the room is wanting to hear without them writing it down.

AND our sign for Friday & Saturday nights on the outside of The Nelson actually says "you name it, we might play it" ;)

http://thenelsonrockbar.fotopic.net/p3670149.html

Daughtry is an American Music Award-winningGrammy-nominated rock band from North Carolina, formed by former American Idol contestant Chris Daughtry in 2006. Their self-titled debut album was released on November 21, 2006. The disc reached #1 for two non-consecutive weeks on the Billboard music chart, and sold more than 3 million copies. Their album is also the fastest-selling debut rock album in Soundscan history. The first single from the album, "It's Not Over", was the eighth most played song across all formats on U.S. radio in 2007, and their second single from the album, "Home", was the tenth most played song in the U.S. of 2007...(courtesy WIKEPEDIA)

I have played 'It's not over' the single a few times when it was in the US rock charts last Summer as I play a lot of US rock chart material early evening at weekends, and on Mondays, but I am not familiar with the album or any other songs......cant remember what they sound like now either as not played it since last Summer.....

They are still very unknown over here, it used to be the case that the US rock chart was light years in front of the UK rock chart..so see what happens in 2008.........[/quote

:)THANKS

Just a thought on not playing stuff because DJ's havn't heard of it I

think thats probably not a good thing, I imagine long ago in the past a DJ going what band Led Zeppelin never heard of them :hihi:

Archived