Where shall I go for a great steak in Sheffield?

lisaj75

Why don't you come down then pal and see for yourself before making that judgement? After all, I did visit your Damned House and make my own judgements! I've already said, you tell me when you want to come to Vibe and I'll see to it personally that you're on the guestlist and have a truely memorable night! :thumbsup:

If you have "Dextrous", "Testone", or "not forgotten" in your collection then i'm there -

- now thats what i call dammed House!

If you are ever out Matlock way, try 'The Tavern At Tansley' the steaks are superb.

It is family run and so friendly we felt like regulars, although it was our first visit.

A great menu and specials board made choosing difficult, but we'd gone in search of steak, so stuck to that on this occasion.

Planning a return visit with friends soon, well worth the trip out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
carbrook hall opposite the meadowhall retail park does a big steak night on a thursday

this is true - it is advertised on a huge banner in the car park - Thursday Night - Big Steak night - £4,99

but when you get in there, you find that it is actually £5.50 (where are trading standards when you need them?)

Also, due to licensing laws, children are not allowed into the bar, or even into the beer garden.

Add to that the fact that if you pay by debit card, they take it from you before you order anything as a "security deposit" and keep it behind the bar until you have finished your meal - they also add a 60p surcharge for using a debit card.

The frozen chips are ok, the salad is small but fresh, the steak is a perfect piece of sirloin, cooked exactly as you order it - nice and tender, but tastes as if it has been dipped in Bisto powder before being cooked - very dry and very salty.

I will never eat there again.

Archived