Will a club put a DJ outside in the smoking area?

discodown

I have to say for what its worth the whole outside for a smoke law is improving the internal conditions of venues for both customers, staff and venue owners/operators.

If the smoking contingant need to smoke they nip outside and have a smoke, or go to the designated gaden areas, suddenly now the idea of a DJ outside a club to keep the smokers entertained is thrown into the mix, what next a microphone in the toilets just in case you wanna sing on the karaoke whilst having a download, a band playing on snig hill (boardwalk)

so you dont miss the entertainment whilst waiting for a bus or taxi, the crucible could have an interval performance in Tudor square, 60 second shakespere.

Many bars and clubs now have external sound sources to entice and encourage customers, and I am involved with many regular events all of which make noise mostly outside, but we do not need more outside noise around bars and clubs, certainly not a DJ doing a set outside.

I don't see why not! Hate to say it but i've been to Leeds in the Summer there's always parties outside in the beer gardens of various bar and clubs! I have never seen one in Sheffield!

I've seen DJs outside during the summer on a sunday afternoon at the Lescar & Vine.

Yeah its not unusual, Basics/Tribal lot used to do em in Leeds and closer to home there always the TTC and ThisWayUp bbq's in summer. I'd love Tequila to have an outdoor bit for some of that carry on, but unless we fit a rather sturdy window box on our sole window there's not much odds! :(

What is the point putting a DJ in the smoking yard at the back ?

Surely you want the smokers to quickly have a smoke and get back into the club. If you are going to have a second room with a second DJ then surely it would be better in a second room inside the venue where 100% of the punters can enjoy it. Besides, in sheffield, and all cites this decade you will never be more than 100 yards from someone's bedroom window and therfore the noise would be too much of a problem.

Ugh, moaning about the smoking ban is SO 6 months ago! Get over it, everyone else has.

Victimising Smokers is SO 12 months ago, you still aggresively attack them any chance you get.

This isn't a moan if you'd read the OP Rich, it is about those who choose to smoke being afforded entertainment and pubs/clubs making the most of their outdoor spaces also. If they're going to put heating there and make efforts to encourage smokers to stay in their venue, a DJ outside is the next logical step.

Ugh, moaning about the smoking ban is SO 6 months ago! Get over it, everyone else has.
Where did I moan? If you had the courtesy to read the thread properly instead of seeing what you want to see then maybe you could have made a decent contribution

Archived