Wetherspoons will serve you only two alcoholic drinks if you are with children

proves the point i made on the 1st page....how do they expect to enforce it when the staff are quite frankly doing the bare minimum to keep their jobs!

i extend my sympathy to anybody who works for wetherspoons- over the 10 years ive been doing bar work, ive met many, many former employees- all of whom have said they would never work for the company again and wouldnt recommend working for them to their worst enemy.

unless you treat your staff well, dont expect to get good results from them....and as a customer, dont be surprised when you get shoddy service.

x

i know a chef who was working with them and did some training to be the head chef i think, he put in a lot of work to do this, the reward was greater responsibility and a 5 or 10p pay increase, he quit there and then.

Not hammered, just to have a good session, pubs tend to offer little else but alcohol, what else are you supposed to do, unless there is a quiz/karoke night and what not.

Granted one of our party got too drunk, we were all for leaving and we did, we caused no trouble, but the staff continued to serve him after asking him to leave, that was my gripe as it made it more difficult to get my mate home safely.

Hang on, you asked for FOUR PINTS of water. A pint each? When you're on your way?

i know a chef who was working with them and did some training to be the head chef i think, he put in a lot of work to do this, the reward was greater responsibility and a 5 or 10p pay increase, he quit there and then.

Head chef? It's a microwave. Methinks I sense bovine odour.

Lots of interesting points from viewing over last couple of days.

I was a bar supervisor and staff trainer for a few years, and in my experience, a lot of bar staff in busy places can't even serve in any sort of order, let alone decide who has had what.

I'm not sure what view I have in this 2 drink thing.

It's not possible to enforce in a busy place, but if it's quiet that would defeat the object that I think Mathom put about getting as many in as possible. So how will they gain anything, other than annoyed customers?

That's if the whole thing is actually happening.

• 11 years later...

I've only just found out about this my wife doesn't drink I have a few drinks was a bit rude the way I was made aware of this rule after coming here for over a year my children are good as gold stay at the table and well managed surely the people who are at fault should told to leave I never act up regardless of how much I've had to drink. 2 drinks after a hard day doesn't cut it surely I should have been made aware of this when I walked in