Wetherspoons will serve you only two alcoholic drinks if you are with children

would you have agreed wth his point if he had re-phrased it as-

children running allover the pub, whilst their parents just sat chatting (I think he was implying children being a nuisance and their parents couldn't care less)

I was nodding my head at AJ Sheffield actually, as Alex is having a grouch again.

I have to say that I agree with what they are trying to do. The week before christmas I went into a pub in Woodseats for my work christmas drink and a lady and her two children came in after school had finished.

She stayed for two hours and did nothing but shout at the children. The little boy even ended up being taken outside and got shouted at very loudly. From what i saw the kids where very well behaved they just wanted to go home.

Just before I left a man and his mates arrived and he appeared to be the daddy or boyfriend.

they where still there when I went home, and the kids hadn't even had any tea....

I agree. Stuff Wetherspoons! The reason they don't want people to have more than two drinks is they don't want you to have a nice leisurely meal, they want to get you shifted out of the place and get that table free for some more poor schmucks to feast on their burger and chips!

As for kids in 'adult' places - the sooner they go to them the better, then they will learn how to behave properly in public. Then you won't get as many stupid 16 year olds thinking they're the bees knees for getting into a pub for the first time in their lives and going over the top! We were taken into pubs for meals from being tiny - never, ever put into the "children's room" with other kids of the same age who had never progressed beyond smearing ketchup round their faces, and possibly still never have.

Agreed. Wouldn't it be more reasonable if they just refused to serve any parent with children who were running wild or weren't behaving respectfully, rather than penalise those of us who are out and quietly not causing havoc?

Will the chain take the same approach to their regulars who they learn are binge drinkers where a whole new area of problems lie ? (urr didn't think so!)