Holtwood house

Grant

I'm trying to find photograph of holtwood house(110 Abbeyfield rd), it was owned by my great grand father Aaron White.It was demolished some time during the 60s 70s.I would apreciate any help finding as much info as possible.Thanks.I would also like to get in touch with the family of the previous owner,his name was Samuel Smith he was 90 years old in 1901 a retired corn miller who died in 1903.thankyou.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grant the previous owners of Holtwood were the Diocesan Home for Babies they were there in 1925, miss Janetta Pickwell was matron, think it was like Dr Bernado's I have the Smiths from census records they were at Spital hill in 1851, I'm sure your grand aunt (Mushy)told me Holtwood was something to do with Scott don't know if she meant Scott of the antarctic, or the Scott that Scott Road is named after.

Thankyou very much retep,you have cleared up quite a bit there,

my family were told that the house used to be a Dr.banardos at one time but when I found the Smiths in the 1901 census I thought this must be wrong.I gather you knew my family the Whites I would appreciate any info/storys you might know of about Fanny White,it seems although Fanny had 7 children she left all of her estate to her son,my great grandfather,and her daughter agnes,the ohters got nothing including thier father John.This seems strange.In fact I wouldn't mind having a proper corrispondence if you don't mind ,I need to find out as much as I can for the Family tree.

Thanks again

Yours

Grant