Good tapas in Sheffield?

weenireeni

The Milestone on Kelham Island(Green Lane.) has a lovely atmoshere and does Tapas.

We in for our first time this weekend(just for a quick drink),and thought the surroundings and decor was nice.By the way the food looked delicious!!! :love:

The food is delicious at the Milestone! Good choice! :)

Have had tapas at Runaway girl, Cubana and La mancha also at La Tasca in Meadowhall which isn't that bad actually.

I think the nicest tapas in town are at Las Iguanas or at Wig and Pen.

We've been to Las Iguanas twice now and each time it's been not the best experience. The food was cold and not very nice the first time, I know I should have complained at the time but I don't like to complaint about food (I know people will slate me for this) The second time, the food was overcooked, took nearly an hour for the main course and the service was shocking. I always give a place a second chance in case it was a one off but this wasn't.

Somewhere i would recommend is La Mancha, the food is devine, the service is fantastic and it's reasonably priced. Even when we went with 20 people for a works night out it was just as good as I had said it would be.

I'm looking forward to going there with about 30 people for my maternity leaving do type thingy.

I intend to try Platillos next time we're out for food in town.

I've had tapas at most of the places listed on here, and have never been moved to comment but yesterday i had tapas in Wig and Pen and have to say it was the most awful food i've ever paid for in a bar. Two of us ordered what was described as 'Chef's selection tapas platter served with bread, slad and chutney', expecting a little mixture of some thinsg from the tapas menu at the chef's discretion, we also thought we'd get more variety by both ordering.

Well, we each got an identical offering, which was quite honestly pathetic- nothing you could call tapas by any stretch of the imagination. Half a small slice of swiss type cheese. 3 slices of half inch diamter salami, a piece of grilled picked pepper, half a canned artichokle heart, a 2 inch square of vile, plain, cold mackerel. To top it all, half a slice of sliced ham. Not yer coppa/ parma cured ham- boiled, processed formed sliced tesco type ham. With this dismal cold insult than k goodness for the accomoanying 'bread, salad and chutney'.

Half a slice of bread. about 4 beetroot leaves with a half teaspoon of chutney.

We told the staff that we were disappointed with the chef's selection and that it didnt seem to sell the tapas menu very well if that was the best they could offer, they didnt seem very bothered.

Pathetic.

Archived