Recommend a restaurant urgently, also Pisceas Fish Restaurant Hooten

snail

Hi its my bros birthday next week need a proper good resturant,

was concidering trying the pisces fish resturant at hooten, would love to know if any ones been,

also lots of freinds say try wasabi wasabi, what do u guys think, any other sugestions greatly appreciated Cheers:)

ok so we went this weekend to Artisan

I have to say i was very happy with all the courses i had although i had trio of brule 1 was coffee, i dont do coffee deserts however i never asked either so my fault.

1 lady with us asked for steak medium, it was practically raw she couldnt even eat another it put her off so badly, so was given full refund

Dad had lamb, 1 of the cutlets was also raw, and he does eat meat rare, but as he said rare is different to uncooked although he enjoyed the rest of what was on his plate.he was also given full refund

Carl who was serving us was brilliant,he couldn't be more apologetic, he also gave us a bottle of wine free because of the inconveniences and the full refund on 2 of the meals an asset to the restaurant.

Yes 2 people wernt too happy, but with the service and the fact that we had a table of 9 and the rest of us were happy, i would recommend Artisan and i would deffo go back there again myself,but in honesty i think a few others in our party would not.

My only other criticism, is the website shows a huge menu to suit every one, but in reality there was alot less choice than as advertised which was a disappointment

Hope this helps others out:)

artisan is a great restuarant. i've only been once, but was well impressed! sounds like your experience was slightly marred, which is a shame.

I went to the peacock on owler bar for tea yesterday. It was rubbish, we went at 5pm, which was late in the day, however they had run out of almost everything, the food was late, they forgot to clear out table (so i did it for them), my main was cold, my girlfriends was missing the prawns it was supposed to contain..... very poor!

• 1 month later...

Went to Bluefin last night and had their Valentines night special menu. It was superb.

50 quid a head but worth every penny. 4 courses of pure lovelyness. Scallop and Crayfish thermadore follwed by the tastiest fillet steak medallion I've ever had all washed down with a nice white Spanish Rioja.

Will be going back to sample the "normal" menu. If its anywhere close to what I had last night then its a winner.

• 5 months later...

Id just like to update you regarding Pisces fish restaurant at hooten,since my original thread i have now been,and we were very disappointed, very expensive for very mediocre food,the previous owners made the place fantastic, but the new owners import fish from Malta so it is frozen, not what you expect for a fish restaurant, fresh fish is what you want and expect.

so to save you the disappointment i recommend staying well clear.

another fish restaurant i have had highly recommended to me by a number of people is Loch Fyne, and i am due to go soon, so i will give you my opinion on this place soon

Archived