Recommend a restaurant urgently, also Pisceas Fish Restaurant Hooten

snail

ok so we went this weekend to Artisan

I have to say i was very happy with all the courses i had although i had trio of brule 1 was coffee, i dont do coffee deserts however i never asked either so my fault.

1 lady with us asked for steak medium, it was practically raw she couldnt even eat another it put her off so badly, so was given full refund

Dad had lamb, 1 of the cutlets was also raw, and he does eat meat rare, but as he said rare is different to uncooked although he enjoyed the rest of what was on his plate.he was also given full refund

Carl who was serving us was brilliant,he couldn't be more apologetic, he also gave us a bottle of wine free because of the inconveniences and the full refund on 2 of the meals an asset to the restaurant.

Yes 2 people wernt too happy, but with the service and the fact that we had a table of 9 and the rest of us were happy, i would recommend Artisan and i would deffo go back there again myself,but in honesty i think a few others in our party would not.

My only other criticism, is the website shows a huge menu to suit every one, but in reality there was alot less choice than as advertised which was a disappointment

Hope this helps others out:)

Wow I need to go there! Everytime I ask for a medium rare steak it comes back well cooked. At least at Artisan it seems that I'm guaranteed to get some blood!!! haha! Good of them to refund you too.

• 1 month later...

I read Snails review on the Pisces Restaurant and allowed this to prolong my first visit there! What a fool i have been! I went along to the Pisces with my lovely boyfriend on Wednesday night and the meal was bloomin awesome! He had the Chowder and i nearly chucked him for not swapping with me as the chowder was unbelievebly good! I had the trio of smokies and that was heavenly-but i have to insisit on returning just so that i can have the chowder!

We both ordered the special-Maltese Fish and King Prawns and the fish was divine and the way it was cooked was FANTASTIC!

I would not hesitate to recommend Pisces at Hooten Roberts and at the moment they have a great 3 course for £20 offer on- not that we took them up on it! The staff were friendly and very welcoming and Hermann certainly knows his fish! Yes the meal was a tad expensive for a mid week meal-but we were celebrating and it was certainly well worth the price!

I can't wait to go back just to have the Chowder and i am thinking very hard of a new reason to celebrate!

So ignore Snails review and get yourself along to try it for yourself-i wish i had made my own mind up instead of letting snails review influence me!

• 1 month later...

Hi snail. I have just seen your review of our restaurant. I am Hermann the owner of Pisces restaurant. Sorry about your dissapointment but I can assure you that ours is fresh fish. I go into alot of work to get regular supplies of fresh fish. My fishermen brothers organise my supplies from malta and I fetch it myself from Manchester airport is a 3 hours after they send it. Naturally fresh fish does not come cheap. But what we are doing now £20 for a 3 course meal so hopefully more people can afford the good taste of mediterranean fish. I do hope to see you again and to make yourself known to me so I can discuss anything you wish. I believe we are doing our best to please everyone but there is always room for improvement. So any suggestions are welcomed

Hi Maltaman

A fish question - my parents have a flat in Malta as they lived out there for 10 years when they were first married. We've not had a chance to go over yet but someone on the forum mentioned they'd had sea urchin in Malta. I'd really like to try them. Do you ever have them on the menu?

Thanks

Archived