Saturday afternoons Rock Disco @ Dove + Rainbow

goldenfleece

Now that the Sportsman has closed for good, and the Saturday afternoon rock disco there has vanished, a good few people suggested we open Saturday afternoons and offer some similar entertainment.

Historically, the Dove has opened at 6pm on Saturdays since November 2006. Prior to that it was 4pm opening on Saturdays, but previous trade figures show no real significance in opening Saturday afternoons. The Dove then however, was not a rock pub as such and did not put on a DJ Saturday afternoons. Times have changed, the Dove is now a firmly established rock pub, the Sportsman is dead, and we are preparing to try this to see how it fares.

Anyone interested in Saturday afternoon rock disco, please express your views here on this thread. It's kind of traditional in Sheffield, there has been a rock DJ at the Sportsman for years, before that, various pubs such as the Mail Coach back in the 90's, the Yorkshireman, etc. I need to know who would be definitely interested in Saturday afternoons at the Dove, and also what times most people might decide to go down town, would our daytime food menu be used, etc.

There are plenty of other factors to take into account, but if anyone on this forum wants us to try Saturday afternoons, shout out now:) Further details about revised opening times will follow in the coming week.........your opinion will be valued.

I like the idea. I used to frequent the Mailcoach back in the day.

I may not make it in as often as I'd like, but now the Sportsmans gone (RIP), it would be ace to know that if I was in town without the kids I could nip somewhere for a beer.

Cor! The Mail Coach in the early 90's! Aah, the memories!

Attempt to open eyes post-Friday night session, amble down from Crookes for a couple of early ones, amble on to the match, watch United get beaten, amble back, start all over again ........

hi could any one tell me if there is manny pubs open on wed. rock pubs that is. iam going out on wed with a mate. only do rock pubs. i would pefer a weekend but never mind. thanks jo

The Dove is open Noon until Midnight, the only rock pub in town open ALL day. Our Wednesday nights are very popular, with DJ MAd Dog and Jo et al churning oiut classic rock anthems........

From Saturday 26th January (DATE REVISED) the Dove will be open Sat daytimes too, from 2.30Pm onwards. This will include a rock disco event as part of the ROCK N LOAD offer, ie all kinds of rock, request friendly, you name it we play it for you. We will be SPORT FREE and CHAV FREE as usual, it's just gonna rock, and nothing else.......

From Saturday 19th January the Dove will be open in the daytimes too, full revised times to be decided in the next couple of days, but likely to be from around 2.30Pm onwards. This will include a rock disco event as part of the ROCK N LOAD offer, ie all kinds of rock, request friendly, you name it we play it for you. We will be SPORT FREE and CHAV FREE as usual, it's just gonna rock, and nothing else.......

That will be ace. Just around the time I fiinish shopping and need a sit down beer. ;)

Archived