Would you dump your partner to keep your mate happy?

when me and hubby got together(many moons ago) my then best mate went on one about us getting together, said we`d "ruined everything" and and "it would only end in tears", and if we wanted to see eachother it`d "finish our friendship".

She`s no longer my friend, when she came out with that I realised what cow she really was and she wasn`t interested in anyone but herself.

I havn`t spoken to her since then, and probably never will, Me and hubby are still together, stronger than ever.

if you have a long term partner then why should you dump it because of an acquaintance? is your mate jealous ? is your partner upsetting your mate, as usual ruth,you didnt give enough information as to why you need an opinion because its just another way of having a dig at your ex or the bnp bloke,you must decide who you want to spend your time with,no one can tell you what to do

if you have a long term partner then why should you dump it because of an acquaintance? is your mate jealous ? is your partner upsetting your mate, as usual ruth,you didnt give enough information as to why you need an opinion because its just another way of having a dig at your ex or the bnp bloke,you must decide who you want to spend your time with,no one can tell you what to do

errr, this is just a general question and nothing to do with me so DO NOT start having a go, is this not a general discussions forum:huh:, therefore i can discuss general thin gs cant i:rant:

errr, this is just a general question and nothing to do with me so DO NOT start having a go, is this not a general discussions forum:huh:, therefore i can discuss general thin gs cant i:rant:

say what you like,but common sense says a mate is a mate,and a partner is a partner,you live with one,talk to the other,theres got to be a reason where a mate asks you to pack up your partner but you didnt post it

I might listen to a friend's concerns about a (new) partner, but I certainly wouldn't let a friend make ultimatums about him. Such actions on the friend's part would most likely result in the end of the friendship.

But, then, I wouldn't let my partner tell me who to have as a friend, either.

All those decisions are mine.

I might listen to a friend's concerns about a (new) partner, but I certainly wouldn't let a friend make ultimatums about him. Such actions on the friend's part would most likely result in the end of the friendship.

But, then, I wouldn't let my partner tell me who to have as a friend, either.

All those decisions are mine.

Quite right. I'd listen to what a friend had to say obviously. If they were concerns that were justified, ie my new partner cheating on me and finding it were true, then of course I'd dump them, but that wouldn't be because of my friend, it would be because of the cheating partner.

Archived