Expensive Espresso

Carborundum

Is this expensive or what ?

Sat 5th Jan, Champs, Exxcleshall Rd - double espresso, tasted watered down, cold, took 10 mins to make, no bikkie had to ask for sugar - total cost £3.50 !

Further down the road, single espressos in Varsity, La Vina and Marcos, were 1.40, 1.60 and 1 pound respectively !

In a good coffee place, it can be that kind of prices, but if the espresso was not done correctly, I would complain. 3.50 is the higher end pricing for an expresso, I would've thought!

I don't quite understand this city, we are paying the higher end of the margin for not the highest quality of any cuisine across the UK. Unfortunately, it's partly our own fault for driving it that way.

Is this expensive or what ?

Sat 5th Jan, Champs, Exxcleshall Rd - double espresso, tasted watered down, cold, took 10 mins to make, no bikkie had to ask for sugar - total cost £3.50 !

Further down the road, single espressos in Varsity, La Vina and Marcos, were 1.40, 1.60 and 1 pound respectively !

Then stop complaining and dont go back! If you know where its cheaper just dont go. And spell Ecclesall correctly you know very well how it is spelt im sure, it just makes you look silly.

The price of a double espresso practically anywhere, in a chain or independent coffee house is about £1.50-1.70. And for that it ought to be perfect - see for example Buon Deli, Bragazzi's, etc.

The most expensive I've ever had was at 'Cream' in Broomhill, half cold double espresso (no 'crema', the other half was spilled into the saucer when I got it) and a slice of cake £6.50. "Isn't that a bit expensve I asked." "The cake's usually served as a dessert with ice cream and cream but we've run out of them." "Oh." And that was the last time I went there.

Then stop complaining and dont go back! If you know where its cheaper just dont go. And spell Ecclesall correctly you know very well how it is spelt im sure, it just makes you look silly.

how come when people are critical of others spelling and grammer they always mess up themselves? :hihi:

also, you look silly for telling people off. grow up you little twerp :hihi:

how come when people are critical of others spelling and grammer they always mess up themselves? :hihi:

also, you look silly for telling people off. grow up you little twerp :hihi:

Exxcleshall?

That is any attempt to spell it correctly? It has been done over and over trolling the mis-spelling of Ecclesall, it isn't very amusing anymore.

Exxcleshall?

That is any attempt to spell it correctly? It has been done over and over trolling the mis-spelling of Ecclesall, it isn't very amusing anymore.

your post does nothing for this site in respect of it developing and continuing to be of interest. not everyone is up to speed on spelling and grammar and your post is not very encouraging to people with low confidence. if we only had people with a good standard of spelling, the site would be shrunk beyond recognition and of very little interest.

how do you think your grammar reads in your last reply to me?

mine may not be perfect but it ain't me throwing the stones.

sorry but i just hate people being put down for little errors like spelling. i am much more interested in what they have to say rather than how they say it.

Archived