Sheffield Star 1957

dean1

Hi all,

had the floor boards up to re route the alarm today and found a few pages of the Sheffield Star, issue No 21,891, Friday, February 8th 1957.

i have the front page, page 2,3,4, 25,26,27 and the back page.

these were screwed up into a mass about as big as a toilet roll centre. i have now ironed these out and they look 'nearly new ', although they stink !!! if i get enough encouragement i'll post the days news, sports, what was on at the flicks, city hall, adverts, small ads, etc.

regards

Dean

Hi all,

had the floor boards up to re route the alarm today and found a few pages of the Sheffield Star, issue No 21,891, Friday, February 8th 1957.

i have the front page, page 2,3,4, 25,26,27 and the back page.

these were screwed up into a mass about as big as a toilet roll centre. i have now ironed these out and they look 'nearly new ', although they stink !!! if i get enough encouragement i'll post the days news, sports, what was on at the flicks, city hall, adverts, small ads, etc.

regards

Dean

Yes please.

ok,

Headlines - ATTACK ON THE BLANCO-HOARDING BRASSHATS

"Aladdins caves" full of useless goods, say M.P.s

a story about the armed services hoarding 'stuff' from the 2nd world war. " The R.A.F had a store of 7,000 bicycles! the army, 34 years supply of binoculars! the R.A.F. also had large holdings of air frame parts for Beaufighters, Marathons, Mosquitos, Spitfires, Swifts, Prentices and Oxfords - in the last case, sufficent to supply the R.A.F for 20 years. Yet most of these aircraft have long been out of service. "

Archived