Looking for good shops selling designer clothing

midgeowl

Hi Guys,

I am new to the Forum, was browising through and came accross this discussion about clothes shops. I am from sheffield and admit it not the amazing city for Fashion.

I do most of my shopping with Sa-kis on Divison steet, I have been to leeds and its really good but i rekon Sa-kis has all the best brands from around the country. If you want something different so when you'r out you look good, then you cant go wrong with Sa-kis.

What you guys think?

The quailty of shops in Sheffield is embarrasing for a city of its size but Sa-kis? thats a joke! thought only minted students with too much money to spend shopped there...massive markup on tacky trends imo

massive markup on tacky trends imo

All shops do that, that's how they make money.

And if you think Sa-Kis is tacky I'd like to know where in Sheffield you consider to be classy.

All shops do that, that's how they make money.

And if you think Sa-Kis is tacky I'd like to know where in Sheffield you consider to be classy.

true, but Sa-kis go for gimmicky quick trends for people who want to look like someone out of Heat magazine, its image not class. Don't really rate anywhere for the £ in Sheffield tbh

All shops that sell anything that is "fashionable" are selling quick trends, thats what fashion is, things don't stay in fashion for years. Shops/brands that don't sell "fashion" like Crombie, John Lewis, Jaeger, Aquascutum sell mostly older mens "classic" clothes/suits/shirts etc.

As you said, fashion has nothing to do with class (whatever "class" might be defined as).

All shops that sell anything that is "fashionable" are selling quick trends, thats what fashion is, things don't stay in fashion for years. Shops/brands that don't sell "fashion" like Crombie, John Lewis, Jaeger, Aquascutum sell mostly older mens "classic" clothes/suits/shirts etc.

As you said, fashion has nothing to do with class (whatever "class" might be defined as).

agree with what your sayin Nick but don't you think Sa-kis are a little more tacky than anywhere else? course fashions come and go but some jump in on the bandwagons no matter how horrific...von dutch anyone?

Oh dear! Doesn't this thread just epitomise what is wrong with Sheffield eh?

Not a decent menswear shop to be found outside of Meadowhall. (And even in Meadowhall, Quo Vadis? - The Boss Shop perhaps?)

Where are Harvey Nichols and Selfridges I wonder?

Leeds and Manchester have Harvey Nicks, Manchester has 2 Selfridges.

Even gun-crime city, Nottingham, puts Sheffield to shame with its shops.

It's probably because they wouldn't be appreciated by the locals do you think?

agree with what your sayin Nick but don't you think Sa-kis are a little more tacky than anywhere else? course fashions come and go but some jump in on the bandwagons no matter how horrific...von dutch anyone?

I think Sa-Kis is one of the best shops in Sheffield (since B2B closed), granted they make the odd mistake and occasionally some of their stock is a bit horrible, but they are miles ahead of the likes of USC, River Island, Republic, Top Man and those other real disposable fashion shops.

The Von Dutch stuff was vile, but they were the only place that was selling it, and thats what i like about them, if you buy a shirt from them you don't go out that weekend and see 30 other blokes in exactly the same shirt, they have different stuff.

They are also a small independant shop, which is rare in Sheffield, city of the chain stores.

What is this guy on?

Tacky Ok mate if you say so?

They have stock which only selfridges and Harvey Nicoles sell, they were voted best designer shop in sheffield and galaxy 105 voted them best shop in Yorkshire. They are well ahead of fashion,

I went to london a few weeks back went into Harods, one of the staff came up to me and asked where i got my jeans from, when i told him it was Sa-kis, he knew about the store, so that obviously tells you something. So mr DelMonte you keep shopping at primark and Asda, and leave fashion to men who know about fashion.

and course some stuff is expensive but you pay for quality, plus they have stuff at all prices, ranging from £30 t-shirts to £130.

Plus why do you pay more for a Audi then a Scoda, its because Skoda is like George from Asda, and Audi is like Maharishi.

Peace

Archived