Remembering days out during the 'six weeks holidays'

shaznay

last time I went to rivelin paddling pools were there but in a sorry state of disrepair,

It was sad seeing them in that state after the many hours we spent playing in them in the sixties, mind you thats about 20 years ago since I last went so maybe theyve been resurrected.

we went all over as a kid in the 6 wk hols, alton towers (with the play scheme in firth park, shame there isn't may of them around now)

graves park with my cousin's, they lived at woodseats and we walked along woodseats bottom and through that entrence and go exploring the woods, then walk to other side to the cafe.

also spent many happy hour/day at millhouses lido.

also clumber park (but think that was autum to collect chestnuts)

we went blackberreying and took them for my mum to make jam with, yummy.carnt remember where from though, but must have been local to us.

went to rivelin but not often (dont think)

I remember the firth park play scheme its a shame they didnt do it for our kids as it was free to join and you stayed all day to play and they would take you on the occassional day trip which didnt cost alot it was fun for us all!

Archived