Genealogy: Savage family in Sheffield

I have a lot of information on the Savage family of Sheffield. John Blanchard Savage was born in Blacktoft, married Elisabeth Luty in Bramham, lived briefly in Rotherham and then settled in Sheffield.

The children of John Blanchard Savage and Elizabeth Luty are: William. Fred, John Blanchard, George, Thomas, William.

I am descended from Thomas Savage and Annie Marshall Harris. Please contact me if you share this Savage line as I have a lot more information.

• 3 weeks later...

Three generations of Savages worked at Clark's Rolling Mills on Penistone Road near Rutland Road in the 1970's.

The grandfather lived on Myers Grove Lane before the Pine Grove gym was built, then he was relocated to Buchanan Road where he died in the 1980's.

Don Savage senior was married to Norma and lived on Capel Street then moved to Butchill Avenue at Ecclesfield in 1966. Now dead.

Don Savage junior, born in 1952, married/divorced Julie Longmore and now lives in Sydney, Australia.

Well this line of Savages has links with Thornhill's (who owned Hagg Hill and later moved to Paradise Square).

I canne get to my records at the minete as the husband hasn't re-installed the family tree maker thingy!

Thanks for replies so far tho!

Moon

• 3 weeks later...

I used to go to school with a George Savage who lived on Beulah Road in Owlerton. You could try looking in a Whites or Kelly's yearly directory for Sheffield for any other traces of the Savage family. I hope this helps you.

Pop T

• 1 year later...

My Mum and dad had friends during the war who lived on Bath St, Charlie and Nellie,Savage with their children Peter and Rita, Charlie was the Concert Chairman at the old Central Labour WMC on West St he had a very deep loud voice and when he called for order for the"Turns"he got it!!! I hope this might help.

• 7 months later...
There was a family on the Badger estate in Woodhouse called Savage back in 86-87 that I (and most of the estate) knew. Husband (allegedly) got drunk one night and burnt their house down.

I was born in that house, number 47 i recall.We moved out in bout 86, so yeap it happen not long after that .:(