Help me name my new Gypsy Punk night

plekhanov

I've got a new gypsy punk/klezmer/balkan beats/russian ska night coming up @ the George IV on Saturday 2nd Feb & I could do with a little help coming up with a name. So far we've come up with a few options:

Mala Vida

Snaggletooth

Clodhopper

Dobra Voda

Dobra Notovy

Tancit Na

Tancit gigu

Anyone particularly like or dislike any of those? Or got any other ideas?

There's a free drink or two (to be collected on the night) in it for anyone who comes up with a winning suggestion.

It's not so much Russian Ska as Ska from the whole of Eastern Europe but I'd already used terms 'Gypsy' & 'Balkan' so I was just looking for something to get across that we'll be playing both the harder edged & more bouncy aspects of the gypsy punk scene, perhaps 'Romani Ska' would be a better way of putting it.

So stuff like this and

is your night connected to the ace knees up in the Cremorne every month - or will there now be two regular gypsy punk/balkan ska etc nights in sheffield?

There's no connection beyond my having asked the guys who do Na Zdrove if they want to come down to play some stuff & their being interested.

I've just been getting increasingly into the whole gypsy punk thing recently and felt like doing a night dedicated to it rather than trying to fit the odd bit into my other nights.

So yes Sheffield should hopefully soon have two regular gypsy punk nights (assuming mine goes well of course).

Good either way as its great drinking music

I find it's pretty good for leaping about in a silly manner as well, though if you like supping you'll certainly like the prices at our night (99p a pint for real ale, lager from £1.70).

Archived