Smoking with children in the car

lol

agree with u,but am afraid just me and u alone aren't going to get the car off the road

That'e exactly what I'm saying! me and you cannot do anything about this but starting with something a little closer to home and easier to achieve will help our children in not breathing toxic fumes!

am on your side...no smoking with kids in car.

i'll go further tho...why smoke at all.

its so uncivilized...ur paying to give yourself cancer.

Yes Hussa1n, I agree we ae paying to give ourselves cancer but if we're stupid enough to do it then we can't complain when we do get cancer can we?!

Why do smokers always have the windows down when driving, even when alone? If it wasn't harmful surely they would get better value for money by shutting the windows to keep the smoke in. :confused:

they think it'll stop their clothes from smelling

What do you think of it?

Should it be banned?

Do you do it?

Personally I think it's the most discusting act anybody could perform. I am a smoker myself and I do have children. But it amazes me how many drivers/passengers smoke while they have their kids in the car with them.

My partners friend will openly admit to smoking in the car with his 4 year old daughter present, he mentioned to my partner that his wife also smokes while the child is in the car even though the passenger side window does not open. It infuriates me. Even I don't smoke in my car when my child isn't there, it's too smokey and christ knows why somebody thinks that their child would want to breath in over 4000 carcinogens??

You may as well pass your child 20 Park Drive!!!

DISCUSTING!!!!!:gag::rant:

Will you answer my question honestly- do you smoke in your own home?

I don't believe any parent would want their child to passively inhale any fumes of any kind. If you're going to insist people clean up the air their child breathes in then why not start with the roads, you have people you don't know who are pumping carcinogens into the atmosphere for you and your child to breath, you just see that as a necessary evil.

If the kids are going to inhale smoke you may as well let them inhale smoke in a nice warm car than on the roadside.

I just don't think you can complain about something like smoking in a car whilst you have passengers yet accept atmospheric pollution as a necessary evil. Is every journey you take in your car a necessary one?

You're not going to get anywhere with that one, I've already tried it ;) All the excuses come out "Yes, but I need my car, how would I get to work?" and "Cars are essential to the economy" and "Two wrongs don't make a right!" and so on...the same excuses people give for smoking are the same ones they give for driving without necessity.

As for smoking in the car, surely one of the best reasons not to do it is it ruins your car interior! It's no shakes to have one when you stop, and more enjoyable surely, which you should be doing every 90 minutes or so at most anyway, especially with kids in.

• 1 year later...

My sister has been under express orders not to smoke with my baby daughter in her car and also with our autistic brother in the car with her, she ignores both me and my mothers requests for her to do this. I've actually asked for her not to have contact with my daughter to try and prevent this but unfortunately its not always possible, it really does my head in though.

Archived