How many working mens clubs are still open?

pigeon

Hello lisalee

It is the same club! It does have the problems that you high-lighted but I tried not to mention them for the simple reason - It needs new members.!

I don't have alot to do with the committee, I just say "how do?" The committee dont seem to encourage any new members at all. I think it's a case of "I'm alright jack" if you know what I mean?

I do find this bouncer situation a little strange myself, that said you do need some sort of door control. But you have to be sensible about such things. Depending who you are depends if you get in without your club book or not and it really annoys me! Employing professional "door supervisors" must be really expensive, but when you've got security guards in your local corner shops and chemist it's a sign of the times i'm affraid.

The clubs got to change, but I dont want it to. Thats mad I know! :loopy: I think it's one of the last places where you can hold onto your own traditional values.

All the best Lisalee:wink:

Hello lisalee

It is the same club! It does have the problems that you high-lighted but I tried not to mention them for the simple reason - It needs new members.!

I don't have alot to do with the committee, I just say "how do?" The committee dont seem to encourage any new members at all. I think it's a case of "I'm alright jack" if you know what I mean?

I do find this bouncer situation a little strange myself, that said you do need some sort of door control. But you have to be sensible about such things. Depending who you are depends if you get in without your club book or not and it really annoys me! Employing professional "door supervisors" must be really expensive, but when you've got security guards in your local corner shops and chemist it's a sign of the times i'm affraid.

The clubs got to change, but I dont want it to. Thats mad I know! :loopy: I think it's one of the last places where you can hold onto your own traditional values.

All the best Lisalee:wink:

I totally understand what youre saying, especially about traditional values, but if the club doesnt have a solid foundation i.e a good, strong committee that cares and respects its members, and dont run the club for their own gains, then Im afraid things will stay the same, or unfortunately get worse :(

lisalee, do you often go in the Lane Top WMC?

I used to go in on a regular basis, but got sick of tittle-tattling numptys!! My family still use the place, and a lot of my friends do too.

Why do you ask? Do you go in there too?

I used to go in on a regular basis, but got sick of tittle-tattling numptys!! My family still use the place, and a lot of my friends do too.

Why do you ask? Do you go in there too?

Yeah i go sometimes but my family are in there every weekend, without fail :hihi:

I've heard lots of rumours and what-not about those bouncers, i don't rate them at all to be honest. Not sure about you? (i haven't read the whole thread....)

I totally understand what youre saying, especially about traditional values, but if the club doesnt have a solid foundation i.e a good, strong committee that cares and respects its members, and dont run the club for their own gains, then Im afraid things will stay the same, or unfortunately get worse :(

Of course your right. People will stop going in like you have which is a great shame. If your sick of all the tickle tackling your sat/talking to the wrong people.

Yeah i go sometimes but my family are in there every weekend, without fail :hihi:

I've heard lots of rumours and what-not about those bouncers, i don't rate them at all to be honest. Not sure about you? (i haven't read the whole thread....)

Don't get involved with rumours, this is what lisalee is talking about.

• 1 year later...

Archived