How many working mens clubs are still open?

pigeon

East dene working mens club in Rotherham puts many clubs to shame these days, which is a shame there isnt more like it, which is how it used to be. Its nearly always busy, good mixture of acts, mixture of young through to old punters and on events like new years eve its filled to the rafters with young and old.

thats the one where local copper spends all his time in.t it

I remember years ago, back in the 70's my mum and dad used to go with my aunt and uncle every Saturday and Sunday to one of the clubs, their regular one was Hartley House but my dad would buy the oc every week and they would look through it (it had pages and pages of clubs listed) and if there was a "turn" they particulary liked they would go to see them at whichever club they were playing at.

I can still see my mum and auntie with their hair in curlers all day Saturday so it was just right for the weekend.

• 1 year later...

FIRTH PARK WMC is doing very very well when you thing about where it is:suspect:just have all the rooms refitted ,nice clean SAFE club never any bother,they put on turns saturday for a certain age group, but i know they are starting in aug at putting some real rock'n'roll bands like i said for the crowd which they draw and i'm sure when people hear about the bands on saturday night things will get even better there is always a band on sundays ,and something different music wise every weekend you can find out more on their FACEBOOK PAGE Look for FIRTH PARK WMC 2012 ,For all the info as to the entertainment on offer @ Firth PARK WMC a warm welcome to decent folks idiots $ fools who can't take their ale are not welcome and will be removed ps We don't use bouncers common sence works at our club Cheers ;)

FIRTH PARK WMC is doing very very well when you thing about where it is:suspect:just have all the rooms refitted ,nice clean SAFE club never any bother,they put on turns saturday for a certain age group, but i know they are starting in aug at putting some real rock'n'roll bands like i said for the crowd which they draw and i'm sure when people hear about the bands on saturday night things will get even better there is always a band on sundays ,and something different music wise every weekend you can find out more on their FACEBOOK PAGE Look for FIRTH PARK WMC 2012 ,For all the info as to the entertainment on offer @ Firth PARK WMC a warm welcome to decent folks idiots $ fools who can't take their ale are not welcome and will be removed ps We don't use bouncers common sence works at our club Cheers ;)

My dads been a regular at FPWMC for the past 50yrs. Think he's part of the furniture although he doesn't go in as often now.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived