What Does Sheffield's Nightlife Need?

1DJ1.co.uk

Because it would rejuvanate the entire nightlife. People used to come and stop with me so they could go to Gatecrasher.

But the same problems existed for everyone else when Gatecrasher was around.

I'm not sure how a building that holds 1,500 people can change the nightlife in an entire city.....

Hi Buffy, hope all is well. I already have the backing of a venue, the only question is what. I will base the event on the research gathered from this forum.

Dance music (especially trance) appears to be in decline and so the age of the superclub is over.

Bassline, 4x4, RnB etc seems to draw a troublesome crowd.

There are more gay venues/nights appearing in Sheffield so im not sure on jumping on that wagon.

The only other ideas i have are for nu-jazz, funk etc which venues such as The Runaway girl etc already provide.

If it is the trend that people are getting bored of not just electro but house music in general, what should a club play (without attracting idiots)?

Sheffield caters for every musical taste you can imagine if you can be bothered to look. The problem with Sheffield is the crowds. They're crap.

We've had Derrick May, Paul Woolford, Green Velvet, Andy Weatherall, Ivan Smagghe, Jesse Rose, Dave Clarke, Spirit Catcher, Mike Monday CVS and many others but I've never really seen the crowd go off like you would expect.

Archived