What Does Sheffield's Nightlife Need?

1DJ1.co.uk

I wish I lived in America. All you hear on the radio over there is rock and modern country.

R&B is only played by a minority.

You'd be surprised by the number of people who like country music. Not the Dolly and Kenny variety, but the newer stuff like Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban and Tim McGraw. I sometimes incorporate a song or two into my set and people sit up and listen and usually ask who it is. It's a hidden market which appeals to a lot of people. They just don't know yet that they like this music as it hasnt been promoted in this country.

That won't really help you as it'll not draw a huge crowd but I thought I'd chuck it in the melting pot for the hell of it.

Wrong!!!!!

In America it depends where you are. In New York there are a variety of stations. The biggest is HOT 97, which mainly plays R&B, Hip Hop.

Chicago, plays mainly R&B, Hip Hop but there is also a heavy influence of House (club music) music as this is there spiritual music.

In LA I would say the same as New York.

Rock has always been represented on the airwaves but with the emergence of R&B / Hip Hop to the mainstream, all your major cities play this most...

Sheffield is missing a 2 to 3 room venue, that is around 500 - 700 capacity.

No more super clubs please.

A club owner with an open mind and NOT an ignorant mind.

There are plenty of good djs in Sheffield to rock this joint but are not given a chance to break loose.

First and foremostly there is too much chavs in the city centre so a lot of clubs need to forget there rivalries and get together in a meeting to sort this out, especially with the support of local authorities. (Vibe take heed)

I've said this time and time again that there is a market for everyone out there if clubs and late bars get there heads together.

dj41321 -- if you had a 2/3 room club with 500 -700 capacity, that would make each room approx 200 each. each room would need to be kitted to the max with the latest equip, and as a promoter you would have to put on 3 separate djs etc. Which club owner can afford to do that? which promoter can afford to do that?

You come on here constantly as the man who has all the answers, yet your maths never make any sense, and you always get a dig at the venue owners. Get yourself a venue, bust a friggin gut like we do (oh thats when we are not swimming in our indoor pools or driving our lamborgines) and then start telling us how to run our businesses.

I cant think of a venue who actually doesnt work with the local authorities. We'd be outta business if we didnt!

Which events do you actually run? Give us your beloved resume then......

dj41321 -- if you had a 2/3 room club with 500 -700 capacity, that would make each room approx 200 each. each room would need to be kitted to the max with the latest equip, and as a promoter you would have to put on 3 separate djs etc. Which club owner can afford to do that? which promoter can afford to do that?

You come on here constantly as the man who has all the answers, yet your maths never make any sense, and you always get a dig at the venue owners. Get yourself a venue, bust a friggin gut like we do (oh thats when we are not swimming in our indoor pools or driving our lamborgines) and then start telling us how to run our businesses.

I cant think of a venue who actually doesnt work with the local authorities. We'd be outta business if we didnt!

Which events do you actually run? Give us your beloved resume then......

As far as my resume goes, lets just say I am an active member IN the professional music business. The thread was if i am not mistaken WHAT DOES SHEFFIELD NIGHTCLUBS NEED TO BE BETTER / NOT WHO WANTS TO BE A CYBER WARRIOR AND SCORE POINTS. Your response was somewhat immature.

To answer your very poor questions. You do not need a state of the art sound system for a room that holds 200 people. Im sure a 5 - 10 k rig can manage that and thats not expensive. I have a 3 k rig and I have done private functions on countless occasions.

As you seem like a club owner as YOU use the term We, may I state that whilst people from Sheffield are religiously migrating to Leeds and Manchester weekend, You need to take your head out of your ass and start asking why and you will find out. I play in an club independant club that has 4 rooms playing different music and it is rammed 3 - 4 nights a week.

So before you decide to respond to me personal, have a think about what you have said instead of being bitter on why I think this way..:rant:

For the record, I have promoted some very big events in Sheffield from 1997 to 2004. I dont have to explain who I am. What do you do by the way....

As far as my resume goes, lets just say I am an active member IN the professional music business. The thread was if i am not mistaken WHAT DOES SHEFFIELD NIGHTCLUBS NEED TO BE BETTER / NOT WHO WANTS TO BE A CYBER WARRIOR AND SCORE POINTS. Your response was somewhat immature.

To answer your very poor questions. You do not need a state of the art sound system for a room that holds 200 people. Im sure a 5 - 10 k rig can manage that and thats not expensive. I have a 3 k rig and I have done private functions on countless occasions.

As you seem like a club owner as YOU use the term We, may I state that whilst people from Sheffield are religiously migrating to Leeds and Manchester weekend, You need to take your head out of your ass and start asking why and you will find out. I play in an club independant club that has 4 rooms playing different music and it is rammed 3 - 4 nights a week.

So before you decide to respond to me personal, have a think about what you have said instead of being bitter on why I think this way..:rant:

For the record, I have promoted some very big events in Sheffield from 1997 to 2004. I dont have to explain who I am. What do you do by the way....

Your posts quite clearly have a dig at venue owners. They often do. Its very obvious from all my previous posts who i am, and most people on here know me, bizarrely i have no idea who you are! The only person on here who is bitter, is well & truly yourself. If you dont think so, I suggest you start reading your posts more often.

People migrate both IN & OUT of Sheffield every weekend for clubbing. I would say our venue for a gig has over 35% of travellers and a weekend clubnight 15 - 25% of travellers.

When i make my quote dj4321 i have the facts....you unfortunately just get the digs in.

adios amigo

adele

x

Archived