Where to take a lady in Hillsborough?

Ron Blanco

I need urgent help here. I have a (blind) date Saturday night and we've agreed to meet in Hillsborough - but I know nothing about the place and I'm concerned that our future happiness could be in jeopardy if I choose the wrong place.

Any suggestions?

I'd like a nice quietish pub to meet, then a nice restaurant (but obviously not too expensive - I'm not made of money after all) and finally maybe a pleasantly convivial bar post-meal.

Do such places exist in Hillsborough?

No, don't meet there. Hillsborough is best known for inbreeding, and your future happiness from meeting there will involve children with webbed feet who also happen to be your brother/auntie/cousin.

Meet at the tram stop and go into town.

i would agree with kristian about la vida loca for a meal- it is very reasonably priced and the food is good.

as for the drink part though- i suspect you might struggle- ive never been to the garrison hotel though.

perhaps your best bet is to do a bit of a recce before you arrange anything- if nothing else so you know how to get there!

x

No, don't meet there. Hillsborough is best known for inbreeding...

Thanks for those words of warning ade65, but I am determined to brave it out.

The Garrison followed by La vida loca - sounds like it could be the best bet for a trouble-free evening. Thanks for those tips everyone - it's much appreciated - and if a serious relationship develops of course you will all get an invite.

Will you have a telegraph under your left arm so she knows it's you? ;)

I don't know Hillsborough so can't comment, bar to say I've been in the Garrison when my friend was working there and we had a really nice night.

I hope it all goes well for you - and report back.

Archived