Carribbean Deli - Abbeydale Road

samstar999

Hmmm - don't fancy goat meself (and that's all I could think of as Carribbean - which is very ignorant of me, I realise). Wondered what else they might do. Guess I'll have to pop in and find out for myself. I like spicy food - I'm hoping for some ready made sauces etc. But no goat!

Where abouts on Abbeydale rd is it? I've bought some of the Yabba pickles from their stall at festivals but am running out of the lemon and lime pickle which i'm addicted to.Its really hot and tasty so you only need a tiny speck so a jar lasts me ages.

i popped in earlier for something for tea. they dont serve hot food but you can buy meals to warm up at home.

i am on my own tonight so i just got enough for myself. there were no prices on anything so i just went for it to be honest.

i chose

spinach type dish with onions, peppers etc (similar to sag aloo without the potato)

one portion of rice and peas (rice and kidney beans)

1 dumpling (sort of savoury doughnut)

can of ginger beer

£8.30!!! for one person!

I would also like to add that the rice and peas were good but the spinach dish was very poor. the dumpling was rock hard as well.

wont be going again. far too over priced. fair enough if i had fish or meat and i didnt have to warm it up when i get home. the mark up must be great!

the service is ridiculously slow as well. i was the only customer and i was in there almost 15 minutes. all they had to do was put it all in a bag and take the money. it was already cooked and ready to go.

i cant see this place lasting. its always empty. a shame really cos it could be great.

Archived