Old skool D&B/Jungle etc...

geenius77

not yet but Jungle alliance do a night already although the Jonny L type stuff is rarely played! I used to play it years back but lost all my vinyl...im getting cdjs next week so Im gonna try and restart - boutiq - you play out @ the mo????

The old skool dance like Jonny L for example, is so rare that I would bloody love a night with this type of classics playing!! Really would, complete nostalgia!! :hihi: but as u say JA do a night like this but not that kind of OS dance. I think there is a huge crowd for this who would be willing to go, and IMO am not talking about all the youngsters who don't actually remember the music. I'm not into hardcore music and find this is the only music played when old skool nights are on.

I don't play out much these days, not as much as I should or could anyway due to work commitments and all that boring, serious stuff.... yawn! Usually in Leeds and Manc though but will definatly be back on it soon! Going to master the cdj's then comeback hard!!

But..... I think the plug is playing Ny sushi classics this fri so will prob pop down there!

The old skool dance like Jonny L for example, is so rare that I would bloody love a night with this type of classics playing!! Really would, complete nostalgia!! :hihi: but as u say JA do a night like this but not that kind of OS dance. I think there is a huge crowd for this who would be willing to go, and IMO am not talking about all the youngsters who don't actually remember the music. I'm not into hardcore music and find this is the only music played when old skool nights are on.

I don't play out much these days, not as much as I should or could anyway due to work commitments and all that boring, serious stuff.... yawn! Usually in Leeds and Manc though but will definatly be back on it soon! Going to master the cdj's then comeback hard!!

But..... I think the plug is playing Ny sushi classics this fri so will prob pop down there!

well said.......

I know what you mean by old skool classics and not hardcore...dont get me wrong, some were ok....not all though! Do you mean like Nookie....give a little love etc....(quality!)? Im still waiting for my cdjs, im stocking up on some old skool classics as we speak! I know of a possible venue to get all of us back to 92 crew where all of this music could be played. Im not in it for the money, just would love to hear some SS etc..... anyway, Im ranting, Im gonna create a facebook group, titled, "Bring back Jonny L to Sheffield!"...come join and watch this space! (oh im 30!)

I'd just like to revel in the fact that someone who wasn't me has started an old-skool jungle thread on this forum.

It's such a passion for me and often events that I post up get so little love that I didn't think there was any junglists on the forum.

In relation to Jonny L, It's crazy that you've started that group. Last week we decided we wanted to book him and started the process of finding the agent and checking dates. I making no promises yet because I'm not sure of his fee but we are looking into it.

Plus may I remind everyone that Junglist Alliance have a weekly radio show, 11pm - 1am on Sheffield Live, 93.2 FM.

Each week I select a box full of tunes from the 1000+ jungle (92-98) vinyls in my room and go and play them. You're bound to hear styles you appreciate at some time. Also we love requests and audience interaction. Calling for rewinds and all that.

Just get involved because we have to stick together.

Tomorrow night is Mickey Finn, Spyda, TK, Stav, E-ll, Benga, Autograff and myself at the Plug for Detonate & Dark Crystal.

Plus may I remind everyone that Junglist Alliance have a weekly radio show, 11pm - 1am on Sheffield Live, 93.2 FM.

Each week I select a box full of tunes from the 1000+ jungle (92-98) vinyls in my room and go and play them. You're bound to hear styles you appreciate at some time. Also we love requests and audience interaction. Calling for rewinds and all that.

Just get involved because we have to stick together.

Tomorrow night is Mickey Finn, Spyda, TK, Stav, E-ll, Benga, Autograff and myself at the Plug for Detonate & Dark Crystal.

We support you Deadman!! What night of the week is the JA show on?

• 1 year later...

Archived