Dove + Rainbow CAMRA Pub of the Month (Feb 2008)

goldenfleece

Nice one! A real ale jewel in the middle of the lager and alco-pop mess that is Sheff city centre

In the good old days, when men were men and beer was real, all the good quality malt went for ale brewing and all the bad quality malt went for animal feed. All was happy, men and beast.

Then one day, an accountant at a large brewery said ‘ We can brew pale fizzy p**s with this lesser quality malt and charge the earth for it’. So it was , English Lager was born.

So the next time you see a man drinking lager, explain to him it is made of animal food.

But beware, it could be a brain dead animal drinking it.

ie knuckle dragging hillbilly chav scrapes his way into the Bankers Draft and grunts in a curious sub-dialect at disgusted bar staff...

"UG....UG......(grunt).....er..(grunt grunt)...pint of Stella (grunt) please....UG!"

So maybe in the next 10 years, the majority of beer consumed in the UK will revert to proper English ale, just as it was in the 1950's and all time before that....in the early 1960's only one pint in very 50 sold was a 'lager', usually consumed exclusively by tourists from Europe....to see a lager on tap in any pub was something of a new fangled idea amid the many rows of cask ales......

I popped in with my mate on friday night and to be perfectly honest, now you have got bedded in I would struggle to see a better pub. I had several ales and they were all absolutely superb. We had to go elsewhere to meet up with others and we both wished we had stayed for the duration.

Those pinball machines are so good. We had a great night. The music is great and not too loud so you can enjoy a conversation, lots of old faces are peppered around from the old Wap days..

I've known you for a few years now GF and your commitment to establishing a perfect Rock bar.

Sir I salute you, I think you have done it.

I only wish I had more opportunity to get into your extremely good place mate. Yet to have a bad pint since you've had it, and great music.

You're a credit to the profession, and believe me, I supped in a few pubs in my time!

Glad you are happy, we take beer very very seriously here! Beer is one of the greatest pleasures of Human life, aside from sex, rock music and classic cars:) A good pint is like a good relationship, deep, satisfying and full of flavour.....a BAD pint is like a bad relationship, shallow, void and distasteful....I like to think we offer only the finest relationships here:D

Glad you are happy, we take beer very very seriously here! Beer is one of the greatest pleasures of Human life, aside from sex, rock music and classic cars:) A good pint is like a good relationship, deep, satisfying and full of flavour.....a BAD pint is like a bad relationship, shallow, void and distasteful....I like to think we offer only the finest relationships here:D
And I have had many meangingful relationships there :D

Archived