Clarke House Lodge Where is/was it?

duckweed

There's a firm of accountants with this address - although it's just called "The Lodge" rather than "Clarkehouse Lodge".

Morris Clayton & Co, The Lodge 101 Clarke House Road , Sheffield, S10 2LN.

I would think that is very near the entrance to the Botanical Gardens.

There's a firm of accountants with this address - although it's just called "The Lodge" rather than "Clarkehouse Lodge".

Morris Clayton & Co, The Lodge 101 Clarke House Road , Sheffield, S10 2LN.

I would think that is very near the entrance to the Botanical Gardens.

In every country ,town,state or province that I've been to ,is a Clarke -house or more often a Clarke Rd, all i can say is my ancestor must have been well traveled and very very sexy

In every country ,town,state or province that I've been to ,is a Clarke -house or more often a Clarke Rd, all i can say is my ancestor must have been well traveled and very very sexy

A search on Multimap finds only one Clarkehouse Road in the UK - the one in Sheffield. Your ancestor doesn't appear to have spread many wild oats this side of the pond!

A search on Multimap finds only one Clarkehouse Road in the UK - the one in Sheffield. Your ancestor doesn't appear to have spread many wild oats this side of the pond!

how about just plain Clarke rd or Clarke side Rd?:D:D

I know that Clarke house is now Birkdale Prep school. There are several lodges in the Botanical Gardens. I'm not sure when if the Botanical gardens were built on the Clarkehouse estate or next to it. I understood the botanical gardens were built on an old quarry site.

Hi duckweed I have a 1832 map, so that's before the Botanical Gardens was opened.

On a road that's not named but looks to be the now 'Clarkehouse Road', are a group of three buildings named as 'Clark Houses' and that's how it's spelt with no 'e'

Two of the buildings are small and the third one being a much larger building, perhaps one of them was 'The Lodge' and they do seem to be very near or on where the Botanical Gardens is now sited.

Actually I've checked Sarahs birth certificate and it says she was born much later in 1853, so that's after the Botanical gardens was established. Birkdales own website says the junior school is Clarke House. If the lodge was actually in the Botanical gardens, wouldn't it say that and whose lodge is the firm of accountants in? Does anyone know the building? Does it look like a lodge?

Archived