Anyone on here from Woodhouse Mill?

Petetheowl

you seem to have a very good memory melthebell!

surprising after all the cider and stuff i drank on the field behind that shop in the mid 80s lol

got done for underage drinking back then (that shop served me loads) i think they then got done and then refused to serve me......even when i was 18 GRRRRR :P

i remember once wi mi mate mick (brown i think) we once got ****** in the day (a beautiful sunny hot day) and gatecrashed a wedding reception at the princess royal lol

the battersbys lived in the row of houses behind my dads near the junction (the back gardens almost touched)

trying to think back and remember the names now.

think he was Kenny

always remember when me and my mate saw him get attacked by a swarm of wasps from a wasp nest on the waste ground leading to the private

Yeah, thats my dad... haha. We live in Swallownest now tho but my greatest memories are from times at my grandparents in Woodhouse. My uncle still lives at side of Junction in my grandparents house. Did u live near the Browns?? I remember playing with their kids a lot.

whats it like these days? bet its changed since i last saw

is the large field still there next to the rother?

the small shop backing on to it?

the princess royal?

other places i remember when i was hanging around there

the church on the corner across the road, then the garage, then the club?

further up before the bridge was a small newsagents?

wish i could remember names from back then :(

Its definately changed... the old grammer school and the comuity centre have been knocked down. Its now a very high class old peoples home. And a lot of the waste ground leading to Princess Royal has had at least a 100 houses built on it but the post office and working mens club are still there and the newsagents near the bridge.

Yeah, thats my dad... haha. We live in Swallownest now tho but my greatest memories are from times at my grandparents in Woodhouse. My uncle still lives at side of Junction in my grandparents house. Did u live near the Browns?? I remember playing with their kids a lot.

yeah there was the browns, then a path, then my dads

others i remember

lycetts, newsomes, kennedys, priors, fletchers, burkinshaws

then my memory starts going fuzzy :( i left woodhouse in 88 when i moved into my first shared house

Its definately changed... the old grammer school and the comuity centre have been knocked down. Its now a very high class old peoples home. And a lot of the waste ground leading to Princess Royal has had at least a 100 houses built on it but the post office and working mens club are still there and the newsagents near the bridge.

yeah i know the community centre was getting built on, shame, i have lots of memories from playing around the community centre.

from one of the first times i went there just after moving there when i was about 8 and climbing up to the belltower with karl bartholomew (i think)

watching horror films at the youth club with mad mickey flanagan (stuff like exorcist and american werewolf spring to mind) we were only about 15 - 17 lol

getting caught burglaring the youth club and nicking all the pop.

running around the rooves near the putting green (they were all in a square shape) and jumping one to the other

seeing systematic annexes practice room, one of the huts in said square and seeing all the billions of punk pictures all over the walls

being dangled head first out of the snooker room windows by the needhams and karl bartholomew etc lol

prolly loads more if i wanted to remember too

eeee good days..........not coming back :(

Archived