Anybody Geocache on here?

green

• 1 month later...

I tried it a few weeks ago.....by putting the co-ordinates into Google Earth and then printing off an ariel view. The clue on geocacheing website said under the root of a tree.

Never found it.....just came home covered in mud and with a cut hand dripping blood.

It is a very popular pastime though, and gives a purpose to going out and getting some exercise. Many of my camping friends are in to it bigtime, to the point of asking for our meets to be in areas with lots of caches.

I'm still resisting the temptation to buy a GPS....:)

Lol at Nimrod.:hihi:

I'm not into it either, but had to give it a try to see what all the fuss was about, after reading about it.

Apparently people place cahes such as a small plastic fireman, and he wants to visit fire stations and have his picture taken at each, and the pic posted on the geocaching website. Others want to be taken up mountains, visit the entire coastline of England, or visit campsites.

Others are just there to be found and a log filled in to say I found it,lol.

Still resisting buying a gps............

Lol at Nimrod.:hihi:

I'm not into it either, but had to give it a try to see what all the fuss was about, after reading about it.

Apparently people place cahes such as a small plastic fireman, and he wants to visit fire stations and have his picture taken at each, and the pic posted on the geocaching website. Others want to be taken up mountains, visit the entire coastline of England, or visit campsites.

Others are just there to be found and a log filled in to say I found it,lol.

Still resisting buying a gps............

got a secondhand gps for sale if interested??!!:hihi:

You're confusing the actual geocaches with travel bugs (ie the fireman you refer to, but they can be anything, a coin, toy, anything really). People place the travel bugs in the geocaches, and other cachers pick up the travel bug and deposit it in a different geocache somewhere else. Each 'bug' has a unique reference code and so you can see its progress on the website.

Archived