Looking for an authentic Italian - recent opinions

lollyipop

Hi, sorry for posting another thread about Italians, but alot of the reccommendations are getting pretty old so wondered if anyone had any suggestions from recent visits.

My boyfriend wants to go to an authentic italian, with real italian food (not just pizza and pasta though!)

Loved places like Vittorias on eccy roadand parthenonas on London road (yeah i know not italian) but want to try somewhere different.

Definately don't want a chain, but do want somewhere with nice but chilled out atmosphere. And don't mind going out of the way a bit.

Cheers! x x

Try Taste Bistro at Hunters bar for really authentic italian food.

Recently taken over by Marco Zerboni, the word on the street is that it's refreshingly unusual and lip-lickingly good. BYOB a great bonus! The cafe during the day has scrummy homemade cakes, panini and pasta.

• 5 months later...
Gusto Italiano on Church street has just been granted it's alcohol licence - they will be opening later - best genuine italian food around - they have always concentrated on lunches - but if the are doing evenings you can't beat them!

Best place in Sheffield to eat, been visiting this place since they opened and they never fail to put a well fed smile on my face....yummmmmmmm

Infact I have nominated then for the UK TV Foods channels competitian !!

Archived