Looking for an authentic Italian - recent opinions

lollyipop

El Lupo's on Effingham Street in Rotherham, run by Nino and Stefano - Stefano's mum does most of the cooking, so it's definitely authentic Italian! We go there quite often and it's very reasonably priced. Great atmosphere on a Friday evening when there is a bit of live music thrown in too.

Vito's on South Road's quite good, albeit slightly expensive IMO... Then again I grumbled at the prospect of paying £4 a pint for a drink in Roberto's at Hillsborough!

Casonovas at broomhill is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had garlic mushrooms and then pork fillet stuffed with parma ham and cheese in a mushroom n white wine sauce.............yum yum

La Gondola in town, opposite yates isn't bad...

Piccolos on west street is ok too.

Casonovas at broomhill is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had garlic mushrooms and then pork fillet stuffed with parma ham and cheese in a mushroom n white wine sauce.............yum yum

La Gondola in town, opposite yates isn't bad...

Piccolos on west street is ok too.

Have you caught some kind of estate agents disease, Casanovas is most definitely Crookes not Broomhill.

Portofino's on London/Chesterfield road, Next to Ponsfords. Authentic Italian, Quiet, fantastic food, and not too badly priced, (between about 8 and 15 quid for a main course). Would recommend anyday, I thoroughly enjoyed it when me, OH, brother and dad went for my dads b'day.

Archived