Sheffield myths

TWO FOR YOU BOTH FACTUAL:

Meadowhall design is so that if it closes as a shopping centre it can be used as a prison (Think about it the width of a prison wing is a fraction of the width of meadowhall )

CASTLE SQUARE

The subways were shut due to supertram , this is absolute popy **** the subways were demolished due to the european weight directives regarding bigger lorries the fact that the supertram was been built at the same time was just by chance

That a lot of people were buried beneath the old Marples building (now HeinGerike) in Fitzalan square, due to being bombed in the blitz. I was told there were so many people in there that night that no one bothered to dig out the bodies, and just buried them, then built over them.

That a lot of people were buried beneath the old Marples building (now HeinGerike) in Fitzalan square, due to being bombed in the blitz. I was told there were so many people in there that night that no one bothered to dig out the bodies, and just buried them, then built over them.

I don't think that's a myth!!!

1) Hillsborough Barracks was built with verandahs because they mixed the plans up and we got a building that was supposed to be built in India.

2) There is a Native American rider from Buffalo Bill's wild west show buried at Wardsend

Hugh