Sheffield myths

Ruoumr has it that Meadowhall prison was originally built so it could be turned into a shopping centre if the prison idea didn't work out. This was confirmed to me by an Asian gentleman who, after I'd found his wallet and handed it back to him, warned me to avoid the area on February 31st 2008.

must be a few of these wallet things with asian men in meadowhall,

heard the same thing from someone else last year.

Ruoumr has it that Meadowhall prison was originally built so it could be turned into a shopping centre if the prison idea didn't work out. This was confirmed to me by an Asian gentleman who, after I'd found his wallet and handed it back to him, warned me to avoid the area on February 31st 2008.

:hihi: I shall definitely make an extra special point of avoiding it on that date, basil, (as I do every other day of the year) thanks for the warning... :wink:

apparantly OUTIBRIDGE - was a pagen;s name for Devil;s Bridge and that the Pagens were so superstitious that they never crossed it - some new flats have been built on it - spooky my friends live there and have mad dreams - apparantly the road that run under the "outibridge" - devil's bridge is the Stocksbridge Bypass which is rumoured to be haunted and spooks out drivers - plus has had many an accident on there!!

apparantly OUTIBRIDGE - was a pagen;s name for Devil;s Bridge and that the Pagens were so superstitious that they never crossed it - some new flats have been built on it - spooky my friends live there and have mad dreams - apparantly the road that run under the "outibridge" - devil's bridge is the Stocksbridge Bypass which is rumoured to be haunted and spooks out drivers - plus has had many an accident on there!!

firstly, seeing as the bypass is up on top of the hill, as it comes from the A629 or at least somewhere up high on the side of the hill for just about 100% of it's path,there, rather than under much, and secondly, it doesn't run the OUghtibridge side, it actually starts on the Wortley sice of Wharncliffe , at high green, and then approaches Stocksbridge at Deepcar, as it heads toward Langsett and Strines, that's a fairly simple one to "scotch".

Another bout Meadowhall:

There was an attempted kidnapping of a little girl; a security guard on the CCTV noticed that a child matching the description was being taken into the ladies loos. When they got in there they saw hair in the bin and the little girl with short hair and dressed in boys' clothes and caught the kidnapper red-handed. Or the security guard lets the woman and her "son" leave and the hair isn't discovered until it's too late. Then for some reason it was all covered up.

I've had people *argue* with me about the veracity of that one! :roll: It's a pretty common urban legend told worldwide.

Oh and the grateful Asian man with the warning used to be Irish in the 90s! :hihi:

• 5 months later...
Sorry.but it is utter urban myth.Where would they store all those bags?Every bit of space is used to its fullest for rental profit.

Plans are in place for major incidents but these don't include civilians offering mortuary services.

No thats true 100% Theres been a threat every year atleast or a bomb scare so they keep body bags there.The security told my girlfriends mom when she saw some in the back.