Sheffield myths

I have heard that the ghosts of two sailors haunt the Ship Inn at Shalesmoor. Apparently they were smuggling goods from the wharf by boat down a tunnel when the great Sheffield Flood hit and drowned them. Must have been some tunnel to get a boat down thought!

i heard that meadowall was designed as it is with sections going off from a central point so that if it failed as a shopping centre it was going to be a prison

..and there's many a teenager who's captive to its attractions ;)

the myth about the body bags in meadow hell is 100%true.my ex mate was working there at the time.

what about spring heeled jack being caught in attercliffe is that myth or fact?

nNo, Spring-Heeled Jack wasn't caught in Attercliffe, but according to the tales, he was spotted there. (there's also tales that he was spotted on Frog Walk near the General Cemetery, off Cemetery Road)

Guest makapaka
I have heard that the ghosts of two sailors haunt the Ship Inn at Shalesmoor. Apparently they were smuggling goods from the wharf by boat down a tunnel when the great Sheffield Flood hit and drowned them. Must have been some tunnel to get a boat down thought!

This is true. I dont know about the smuggling bit but its true that two sailors died in this pub in the floods. The irony being that they died in water in a pub called the ship, miles away from the sea, was recorded at the time.