Sheffield myths

By far the biggest one though, is that there was a piggery at around hillsborough where wednesdays current ground is.

Historical records and facts show of no such thing, there are 'false' records propoting to show one but thats all.

Try telling that to a united fan though.

Its probably one of the biggest urban legands.

i think this one from Nick Blade today counts!! :hihi:

lets just say I like to travel, never dated a "lass" from sheffield one from rotherham, not sheffield, I suppose ive been put off with the "ey up duck, fancy comin 't' mine for a quik'un" hasnt really taken my fancy

:hihi::suspect::hihi:

By far the biggest one though, is that there was a piggery at around hillsborough where wednesdays current ground is.

Historical records and facts show of no such thing, there are 'false' records propoting to show one but thats all.

Try telling that to a united fan though.

Its probably one of the biggest urban legands.

Yeah, started by one of them to take the heat off their bacon resembling red and white stripes!

I once read about a fellow nicknamed 'spring heeled Jack' who was supposed to jump out and scare people on their travels around the Norfolk park area. I can't remember the exact date but I think it was in Victorian times when imaginations ran a bit wild.

Yeah, started by one of them to take the heat off their bacon resembling red and white stripes!

I once read about a fellow nicknamed 'spring heeled Jack' who was supposed to jump out and scare people on their travels around the Norfolk park area. I can't remember the exact date but I think it was in Victorian times when imaginations ran a bit wild.

Spring healed jack was in the 1880s I believe. There are similar stories of such ghosts in other cities too (London in the 1830s for example). Spring Healedd Jack was also known as The Park Ghost.