Sheffield myths

i didnt mean to cause any offence its just theres a myth around the woodhouse/hackenthorpe of a lady called sally clark who died back in the 1800s she is meant to haunt the stone lane and surrounding areas sorry for any offence caused purely accidental

And I apologise too Bladeboy80 - I had "presumed" and was wrong - quite coincidental it seems.

thats true, I've seen them, rubbish vortexes.

My Nan used to live at number 3 Hyde Park Walk, opposite the little park, her balcony faced it.

As a child I once saw a tornado touch ground beyond the little park and got all excited about it, told me nan who reported it to someone or other (possibly the council), who sent a lady out to investigate.

The investigator was doubtful until I found the little drill hole it had made in the ground, the adults being a lot taller could already see from the pattern of the grass that I had found it's centre, I had to climb the arched climbing frame to see the crop circle type effect it had on the grass.

• 1 month later...

when they installed the lifts at hallamshire hospital they tested one lift to go to the top but it got stuck due to the shaft not being levelled upright and too small the lift is still there stuck today.

thats why there is always one lift not working there

when they installed the lifts at hallamshire hospital they tested one lift to go to the top but it got stuck due to the shaft not being levelled upright and too small the lift is still there stuck today.

thats why there is always one lift not working there

Rubbish, a definite myth.