Sheffield myths

It's just an easy reference point that's all! as places like Oldham,Bury and Bolton are outside it. Just like the M25 round London. Sheffield is a funny shape on the map anyway from north to south, whereas Manchester is more like a circular/squarish shape that most city areas tend to look like.

I could believe that because unlike these American Actors Like Stallone, (Everton Fan?) oh Tom Hanks (Villa?) Because Beano is from Sheffield it is more believable that it isn't just a P.R Stunt by playing up his "roots" in order to make him more appealing. When he might be nothing like that!

If he loves Sheffield so much then why live in London most of the time? Even if his work is there it's not like he couldn't afford to fly down there!

there's also the myth that all women, and all Sheffield women, and Blades women in particular like this "Bit o' Rough".

I can quite categorically scotch that one. I'm a blade and I can't abide him!

Apparently sheffield united have an Arab benefactor worth billions who's going to get them to the Premier League in 3yrs and invest heavily in the team.......total myth :hihi:

Apparently s6 is hosting the world cup so MM is investing billions into rebuilding the rust bucket:hihi::hihi:

The one about the red-indian buried at Wardsend is definitely a myth,he was fataly injured when his horse fell on him in a renactment of an Indian attack in Buffalo Bills touring Wild West show at Owlerton!.He died in the Royal Infirmary after a few days,his body was taken by train to London where it was buried,Buffalo Bill wrote to the hospital thanking them for the care and effort trying to save him!.

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 09:59 ----------

Not a myth but fact I don,t know if its still there but in the 80s with a group of regulars from our local Wards pub we visited the brewery now Sheaf Island Wetherspoons!.On the tour we were taken into a tunnel beneath Ecclesall Rd,in the middle was a small room where we sampled different brews,all the time you could hear traffic above your head a very funny experience not for anyone with claustrophobia!.

• 1 year later...