Sheffield myths

Sorry.but it is utter urban myth.Where would they store all those bags?Every bit of space is used to its fullest for rental profit.

Plans are in place for major incidents but these don't include civilians offering mortuary services.

As far as civi's taking care of a mass morgue, no way! That def would be a job for Emergency services, imagine the comp claims for post traumatic stress. Recall that massive shopping mall in Manchester? they really gotta have an emergency agenda for that sort of incident.

Yes,they will have an emergency agenda/plan in place but many of the tasks will be beyond the remit of a private organisation.Drills take place to test the staff but i can really assure you that none of these drills include Meadowhall staff anticipating body bag use.Good myth but as i say 100% myth.

The earlier post re' Meadowhall having a second use as a prison can also be labelled as myth.I understand that the design is a mix of a mall in Edmonton,canada and The mall of America in Minnesota.The architect employed on the original design had been employed on the Canadian mall.

The architect employed on the original design had been employed on the Canadian mall.

OOh! I went to school with a girl whose dad designed the oasis food bit and they did come over from Canada!

ok not quite a myth but....

the hole in the rd wasnt filled in..... a m8 who is an electrical engineer had to go out through the old 'scofields' building to get to sum connections. He said it was still there 'mostly' posters n stuff still up. scared the crap outta him tho.

dig the bugger up i say, it was a great sheffield landmark.