Party Venue, Room Hire, Megathread....

mikey

darnal consevative club is a nice room i had for our wedding and ive dj'd in the place loads of times.

other places ive done weddings

Sheffield Trades & Labour ClubDuke St, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S2 5QQ Tel: 0114 275 4671

Polish Ex-Servicemens Club1, Dover Rd, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S11 8RH

Tel: 0114 266 1238

Handsworth Working Mens Club & Institute445, Handsworth Rd, Handsworth, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S13 9DD

0114 269 2525

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. We finally opted for St Philips Social Club off Upper Allen Street: very friendly, helpful, a HUGE room, we can go in the day before to prepare, we can bring our own food, they have a decent bar, loads of parking, right next to Upperthorpe tram stop.... all for £50. OK so not one of the most picturesque parts of Sheffield but at that price I'm not arguing! Anyway, who cares when you're inside having the time of your life? :D

Andy

Originally posted by iffypop

Theres a place on Ecclesall road that always seems to be doing functions.. its roughly opposite Nonnas, but I cant remember the name - but yeah it seems perfect for a smallish do. Maybe that'd be worth a gander.

Yeah, Its the polish working mens club or something!! Nice big hall- they hold northern soul nights in there so it seems about the right size!

I was trying to remember the name of that place, I'll try them in a minute, thanks.

As for what part of Sheffield, not really sure, people will be travelling from out of Sheffield mainly so they're going to have to get taxis anyway.

I'm also going to need caterer - any suggestions there? Looking for nice but cheap!!

Archived