Party Venue, Room Hire, Megathread....

mikey

There have been many good suggestions for the venue, if you also require a dj, then we have DJ/KJ's available, we offer very competitive rates, and gauranteed that the night will be absolutely superb with aid from the dj/kj.

I hired the bar at Greens gym for my 30th. It's free if you're a member, £50 if not. The Dj is free if you can guarantee 50 guests and there is a dance floor area. You can request a bar extension until midnight.

I thought it was a fab place for a party and the staff couldn't do enough for us.

Hi there - I noticed in your posts that you mentioned Hassop Hall as a good wedding venue. We are thinking of having our wedding there, but would appreciate some feedback from someone who has actually been there. Have you got any feedback - good or bad? Thanks.

Hi

Certainly!

It was one of my oldest friends wedding and it was fantastic. Very classy.

Positives - all of it. (The weather helped) but the location is amazing, I love the gardens and views. We went with Mum and Dad and they don't like disco's (loud music) so there was a lovely bar area for us to sit seperate from the disco. The gardens are great to wander round. The food was lovely as was the service. The bedrooms are lovely too.

Negatives - The dining room is a little dark and I think some people were a little bit around a corner out of the way. (I was drunk so can't be sure on that!)

I thought it was brilliant and if we were getting married here that is where I would go. Although it is very expensive. (I don't know if that is a consideration).

My best friend got married at Whirlow Brook Hall hall and we had a brilliant day there too. I was bridesmaid so it was extra special. (I remember the service there was outstanding). Let me know if you want any more info on that one.

Good luck with the planning!!!!!!

Thanks for that! Puts my mind at rest. I'm going back with my Mum to have a second look tomorrow, but I think we've decided to go ahead and book. Like you say, it's very expensive, so I needed to hear something positive before paying the HUGE deposit.

Thanks again, and good luck with all of your plans too.

• 3 weeks later...

If you or any of your group are associated with the university in any way, you could try their drama studio. I practice in one of their rehearsal studios with the university percussive dance group and it's fine for us. Only problem is the décor...

Burton Street Project at Hillsborough has 3 such halls. For rent. Private use is fine. Wooden floors, very spacious, cafe/bar as required.

0114 2332908.

I work there too so I know it's a great space.

If its Salsa then Martin S could tell you if its suitable.

Hope it helps. :)

Archived