Party Venue, Room Hire, Megathread....

mikey

Originally posted by poppins

Muddy, you've got an odd way of asking people to stick around ! all the other new members read that also.

Muddy just had the good grace to apologise to the new people; they appear to have accepted with good grace, why don't you take a leaf out of their book poppins? :rant:

Guest poppins
Originally posted by Kristian

Muddy just had the good grace to apologise to the new people; they appear to have accepted with good grace, why don't you take a leaf out of their book poppins? :rant:

with good grace ? how do you know ? one already left on the first day !

I hired the Matrix Bar for my birthday party (across road from Empire but owned by same company I think), it was a good night. I know the Empire is due for some renovation / extension soon so not sure if that would be available for hire or not.

Liz

xx

Well thanks for all the help anyway, i ended up booking Empire Bar. For a few reasons: its ok for about 100 people, probably more, isnt expensive to hire out, has a DJ and can be open till 1. Ive also managed to get it on a friday which suprised me! But the input was really appreciated, personally though I found some of the parties at working mens clubs to be quite dire. I wasnt impressed with "Stars" above the ice rink at all.

Hi Again,

Just an idea / tip if you are having food at your party

When I had my party, Empire / Matrix wanted to charge me about £5 or £6 a head for food, which would have ended up costing me about £800!! I just said I would give them £250 and to do what they could with it. The food was lovely by the way.

Enjoy your party

Liz

xxx

Thanks, thats actually very helpfull although if you dont mind me asking how much did your £250 cater for? Im planning on having around a hundered people there and although im not planning to properly feed them, nibbles would be nice. Just wondering if you found that that gave you enough food? thanks again by the way for everyone replies, theyve been very helpful.

Hi there,

I too catered for about a 100. We had sandwiches and salad and some hot stuff like veggy chilly and potato wedges and nachos as I remember. People will not eat loads if they out down town on a friday night drinking, like you said, just nibbles is all you want. There was plenty of food to go around and everyone loved it.

Liz

xxx

I went to a party at empire quite a while back and it was ok but the door staff had the same bad attitudes then. Takapuna might be ok and I,ve been to a party above the ice rink before and it was ok. Also, I hear that the showroom can be hired out for private parties and they have late license

Archived