Party Venue, Room Hire, Megathread....

mikey

• 2 weeks later...

any suggestions for room for rent for party ? Just a room, no food, no horrible discos so people can't talk.

I am leap year baby and will be 10 leap years old next year. ( 40 to the rest of you !)

I would like to invite friends and family, and a pub room wouldn't be suitable as they freak out about under 18s.

I'd like enough space to play some party games.

any ideas appreciated !

TIA

-

Katya

Congratulations :D

Have you tried searching the forums? This question about rooms for hire has been raised a few times in the past. I did a quick search for "function room" and found around 4 different topics.

The search feature can be accessed from the menu to the left of your screen.

Good luck

:)

• 2 weeks later...

probably put this in the wrong place....i have a habbit of doing that...but anyway here goes.......i have a function room above my bar.....it as all the facillity's i.e toilets,bar etc and i'm looking for idea's of what to do with it...at the moment its used one night a week by a group that have a quiz night and during december i have quite a few bookings for xmas party's but after that it will be empty for most of the time....i see this as a waste as its a decent room and i'm sure i could use it to help pay for itself..anyone got any good idea's.thanks

Bangin' illegal raves :D

But seriously, when we used to try put on parties for our mates with decks and a sound system, the choice of venues was seriously limited, especially anything with a remotely late license.

The last place that was any good was the basement of the Mango Tree, and that only stayed open 'til 12.30ish.

Design a leaflet on your computer, describing in detail the facilities you have i.e. size of room and the no of people it will cater for etc and E Mail or mailshot all the businesses in your area. All businesses at some time throughout the year need a private function room for seminars, conferences, leaving party’s etc.

Archived